Chapter Five

Abby

"Wake up, sleepy head!!!!" a voice of a guy wakes me up. Or maybe pissed me off.

"ugh, Hemmings, get a room. I'm so sleepy rn." I pulled my blanket until it totally covers my face.

"we have school. And how come could you slept on a chemistry book last night?" he chuckled.

"you think? I have a quiz today, Luke." I rubbed my eyes then finally got myself out of bed.

Luke smiled. His dimples shows off.

***
Ashton

I walked down through the school's hallway, I got a free time right now, not because I'm tardy or in a detention, but today's music class is delayed for thirty minutes.

I walked through the laboratory. I don't know why I took a peek, but it feels like I need to look inside.

Inside, I saw Jessica and Abby. Seriously, Jessica is kinda hot. She always wears high heels and short skirts to school. She always look glamorous. Even too glamorous to be in school. She was like... A total fashionable, but only if she knows what to wear on a certain place.

But Abby is different. She wears a printed T-shirt with jeans. She even wears a mainstream sneakers. Converse. Like, everybody knows that brand, right? She even do her hair up in ponytail. I barely even seen her with her hair untied. And plus, her big glasses.

But that's kinda what makes her cute.

What the hell were you thinking, Irwin?

The school bell rang. It means, the school decathlon team is on its break time.

Great! Now I can pull Abby to go with me to the school rooftop to get to know each other!

No way. She's a nerd. I DON'T go with a nerd.

But you like her.

No I'm not!

Yes you are!

Better I find someplace to hide so that Jessica won't get misunderstand. That girl will think that I want to go with her, I think.

I hide myself behind a locker, hoping that Abby will walk this way.

Abby

I walked out from class when the bell finally rang. Actually, school decathlon were not that good. It's boring actually. But I must get through this.

I was walking until suddenly a guy pulled me and pushes me against the locker.

"what the-" before I could finish my word, the guy shut my mouth closed.

It was Ashton.

My heart beats two times faster than before. He was this close to me.

"sorry, I didn't mean to..  But, I was just wondering if you'd like to go with me to the school rooftop for a little chat?" he looked at me.

I let go of his hands.

"you don't need to kidnap me, right, Irwin?" I smiled.

"sorry.. I was just avoiding Jessica." he said.

"I thought you like her." I smirked at him.

"no, actually no. Or maybe not yet, " he smiled." so, shall we?"

***
Abby

Whoa.. I didn't know that this school have a really beautiful rooftop.

There were a colorful flowers spreading everywhere, starting from rose, lilies, dandelions, and many more.