Chapter Fourteen

Abby

I've been walking down the street with Ashton to the coffee shop near the river. This night is so wonderful. The stars were all over the sky and the moon weren't covered by a single cloud.

There's so many couples that went downtown, dating, perhaps? There's so many couples that I could see, the ones whose on their fight, the ones whose confessing, even proposing.

It's such a rare thing that could happen.

Ashton is wearing a long sleeved tee and a pair of jeans. Me myself were only wearing my favorite baseball team hoodie and jeans. Nothing too much.

"Here we are," he said as we stopped on a coffee shop. "I promise there's no coffee better than the ones that served here." he said with his eyes full of sparks. It seems like he really like coffees.

I smiled at his behaviour, then, we walked to the counter.

"Good evening, may I take your order?" the waitress asked us.

"Yes, I'd have one Americano please." Ashton smiles back to the waitress.

"and for the lady? Perhaps a cup of tea?"

Ashton looked at her like 'trust me, she's not that kind of lady' look.

"no, um... I'd just grab the hot cappuccino. With more granule." I said.

Ashton giggled.

I was about to take out my wallet before finally Ashton says that this coffee is his treat.

"thanks, Ash." I smiled.

After we got our coffees, we decided to sit near a window, you know, to enjoy the view.

I checked my phone. It's 8 pm already and I've got like thirteen missed calls from Luke.

That dude really needs a break.

I signed and puts down my phone, sipping my coffee.

"so do you mind if I ask you about a few things about you?" Ashton finally opens a conversation.

"no, not at all. You probably knew me even better from Luke." I chuckled.

"no, not really," he said. "so, I was wondering. You're such a good singer. Well perhaps even better, but why did you join the decathlon club instead of music?"

I put down my cappuccino.

"well," I took a breath. "you see, I did want to be a singer when I'm all grown up, but then after a few incidents, I've decided to become a doctor, so perhaps I could help a lot of people who's suffering out there."

Ashton looks at me as if I've just say something deep.

"and you? Why did you join music club?"

He smiled.

"actually I don't wanna be in the music club at first. But then your brother told me that he wants to make a band, but he haven't got any drummer. And I've been hitting drums since I was six, so I thought maybe that's not a bad idea to join them. Now, this band is all I cared about. We've been wanted for this band to become famous. But we want people to take us for what we are. Even if it is weird, dork, etc, we want them to see us for who we are."

I'm kinda lost back then, I've never heard Ashton talked like this before.

"and four years ago-"

"you're working at KFC. yeah I knew it from Luke," I giggled. "just promise me you won't do that talk in your acceptance speech when you're already famous."