Chapter Seventeen

"Flora Fickle," the lady started walking towards me, "you are coming with us."

"I would but," I started to back out of the living room and into the kitchen, "I have school. Still figuring out how to be a proper lady of society."

"We aren't in the Victorian era," she stated, still walking towards me. "Besides, once we have what we need, you can go back to school."

I hummed in response. "Well, I take back what I said in that case," I smiled at them and reached behind my back to slowly open the draw. "I might just be on the right track. I mean, I've already got kitchen utensils down."

I grabbed onto the handle of the first thing I felt, hoping it was a knife and pulled it out. Unfortunately, it was not a knife, but a ladle. The person laughed at me.

"What are you gonna do with that?" She asked. "I'm not a soup."

"I'm gonna scoop your eye out," I smiled innocently, "kick you to the ground, and step on your nose. Your friend's gonna come over to help, so I'll lock my legs around theirs and force them to the ground. And when your third mate tries to get a hit, I'll kick him in the nuts and whack him on the head with this ladle. Then my cousin Zak and I, will drag you guys out of the house and lock the door. Sound good to you?"

The three Clark Corporation employee's scoffed at my very specific statement. The lady made the mistake of trying to force me to go with them. But I was anticipating her lunging towards me, and I am a woman of my word. Before she got the chance to lay a hand on me, I stuck the ladle into her eye, and yanked that sucker right out. And as promised, I kicked her to the ground, and stepped on her nose. She did little to fight back of course, seeing as she was in so much pain from me removing her eye for her.

As for the other things I said I would do, well, I had already attacked the girl like I said I would, and I didn't want the other two to get jealous. So, they got what I promised for them as well.

I ducked as the second one attacked, crouching down so that my hands could rest on the ground. I swung my legs and twisted myself so that I could latch my legs onto their ankles and twisted so that they fell to the ground. I hadn't accounted for their head to hit the kitchen counter and knock them unconscious, but it was probably better that way.

The last guy was practically on top of me, which was a mistake on his part. Give my foot great access to his groin. He doubled over and I used the ladle to hit his head hard enough that it actually started to bleed. However, I can't tell if that's a whoops moment or not. I'm leaning towards it not being a whoops moment though.

I got to my feet, threw the ladle in the sink, and dusted myself off.

"Did I not tell you what my plan was?" I asked and turned to see Zak leaning against the wall, holding his head with his jaw on the floor.

"Did you just beat up three adults with a ladle?" Zak asked.

"Yes," I nodded. "Now would you please help me drag them outside so that you can actually lock the door," I said as more of an order than a question.

Zak nodded and helped me drag them outside. We managed to get all three of them outside, and Zak locked the door. I sighed in relief. They couldn't get in without breaking a window, or damaging the door, and I'm guessing they wanted to keep their mission on the down low.

"You're right," Zak said, "I'm not badass."

"Thank you for realising that," I panted. "But unfortunately, it's not helpful."

Zak groaned and I sunk to the ground, the pure adrenaline I had been running on had left my system. I definitely needed a nap. And a long one.