Chapter Eighteen

I stood outside my Science class, feeling more and more anxious by the second. Okay, part of it may have been that I sat next to Connor, who turned out to be worse than Jared, but better than Enzo. But for the most part, I was worried about my teacher. Mr Farsnic. You know, the one who secretly worked with the Clark Corporation and helped them kidnap me. That Mr Farsnic.

Yeah, you can see my dilemma. I would wag, but whenever I did that, my parents would always scream about how I was wasting my life, how I should've been grateful for my education, and blah blah blah. Granted, my parents weren't exactly around to scream at me, but that didn't mean Samara wasn't equally as terrifying to piss off as her brother.

The door opened and Mr Farsnic walked out. He had his usual cheery attitude, and the rest of the class seemed happy to see him. That shouldn't have pissed me off as much as it did because I will admit I did enjoy being in his class. However, that was before I found out how much of a psycho he was.

He seemed to be searching the two lines in front of the class for something. Or rather, someone. That someone being me. He eventually seemed to find me, after maybe two seconds, at the very back of the line. He let the students inside, and I tried to avoid walking in, I really did. But it's not like I could take forever to walk in without the class getting suspicious.

As I walked past him, I sent a glare his way. It wasn't necessary, but it made me feel slightly better that he knew I didn't like him. Although, I don't really think he thought I would after everything he did to me. It was just because it made me feel better, okay!

I sat down at the back of the classroom, next to Connor, and slouched into my chair, feeling more than a little annoyed.

"Okay, so it seems like most of you did well on the test," Farsnic started, pulling out a pile of papers, "but there were a few questions that got people confused, and I'm just going to go through with them so that you understand better when we start doing our exams."

The class groaned out. No one liked going through tests, but we did all like seeing what we got. I remember at Sacredooka, it was a competition between friends to see who got the highest score. I didn't know if it worked like that with all schools, but by the way some of the kids were acting with the person next to them, I would guess that it did.

Mr Farsnic started walking in the isles and handed students their tests, saying something every time he did. As he got closer to our desk, I could feel the anxiety bubbling up inside me. He had assisted in kidnapping me! And he was just going to walk past my desk, and drop a test off, making some remark about how I did! I didn't like it. The idea of him being in proximity to me was terrifying. Almost more terrifying than my dreams.

He dropped Connor's test onto his desk. "Maybe study next time."

He dropped my test onto my desk. "Ms Fickle, I would like to see you after class so we can discuss your grade."

My heart dropped. I would be in a room alone with this man! I looked at my grade quickly and scoffed at what I saw. 94.3%. Not exactly worth speaking after class about. It wasn't a bad result, so clearly, he was trying to kidnap me, again!

I was seething, and Connor's remarks weren't helping.

"So, what did you get?" He asked.

"I don't see how that's any of your business," I said through gritted teeth.

"Why so hostile?" Connor smirked. "You need me to teach you some things?"

I scrunched my hands into fists and didn't have to look to know the knuckles had gone white.

"I'm particularly good with the reproduction side of things," he commented.

I covered his mouth and grabbed onto his left hand, forcing his pinkie finger back until I heard a soft pop. He made an audible sound of pain; however, it was muffled and not loud enough to alert the rest of the class.