𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

[ CASE 104373 ]
Missing Individual: Ko Moon Young

Age: 30

Occupation: A popular children's book author

Medical Condition: Suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD

Relationships
- Do Hui-Jae: Mother, a crime-fiction novelist. She is currently imprisoned for both murder and attempted murder.

- Ko Dae-hwan: Father (deceased), a patient at OK Psychiatric Hospital. He suffered from dementia and was bedbound. He was an architect who designed the Ko's family house, which is nicknamed the "Cursed Castle" after his wife Do Hui-Jae's disappearance.

- Moon Gang Tae: Boyfriend, who was an orphaned caregiver at OK Psychiatric Hospital. His mother was the victim of murder by Do Hui-Jae.

- Moon Sang Tae: Boyfriend's brother, who is an autistic illustrator. He was the sole witness of his mother's murder, which resulted in his fear of butterflies, as they reminded him of this traumatic experience.

- Lee Sang-in: CEO of SangsangESang Publishing Company, which publishes Ko Moon-Young's children's books.

- Yoo Seung-Jae: Art director at SangsangESang Publishing Company who assists Lee Sang-in.

- Nam Ju-Ri: Nurse at OK Psychiatric Hospital. Had a brief friendship with Ko Moon Young in elementary school.

Last Seen: At the Ko's family house.

Time Reported Missing: 1143, 13th February 2021

Police Notes

The crime scene was relatively neater than other crime scenes the police have been to. Shattered glass on the floor, presumably the one Ko Moon Young was drinking from. Chairs have been roughly pushed aside while a broken phone, identified as Ko Moon Young's phone was on the floor.

Moon Sang Tae, brother to Moon Gang Tae, Ko Moon Young's boyfriend, discovered a butterfly brooch behind the curtains. The butterfly brooch resembled a young butterfly on the back of the parent butterfly. Both brothers identified the brooch as similar to the one Do Hui-Jae owned. Police have been sent to the prison Do Hui-Jae currently resides in. She appeared to be distraught at the kidnapping of her daughter, although stories from people who know Ko Moon Young said to be a bad relationship, manipulation and isolation included.

The brothers have been advised to stay calm during the investigation. Ransom money is not possible as they relied on Ko Moon Young's earnings. A lawyer has been hired to allow them to continue the usage of the money while the owner is missing. In this case of someone who is popular in the country, higher-ups have agreed not to announce the kidnapping to the public, to prevent more trouble. Few officers of the police force have been tasked to patrol around the place Ko Moon Young was kidnapped, in case more clues appeared.

Evidence collected at the crime scene has been sent to the laboratories for further identification and DNA extraction. All people who have a close relationship with Ko Moon Young have been interrogated and for now, all are innocent. The police are doing their best in searching for suspects and arresting them for interrogation.

Signed by the Head of the Police Station in Seongjin City,
Woo Kim-Han

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first week since Ko Moon Young's kidnapping.

"Hello, dear Moon Young," said the voice, opening the door. She didn't budge. She had grown tired from the sleepless nights of crying, wishing someone would rescue her. "Ko Moon Young." The voice was now stern, it sounded like the person was getting more annoyed by the second. She made herself get up from the bed as best as she could. Mind you, she was still blindfolded. Fortunately, the person was kind enough to switch her blindfolds every day, in order to prevent her from getting any infection. The only rule she needed to follow when her blindfolds were being switched was to close her eyes. "Now, that's a good girl." The voice cooed, gently patting her head. "You're not someone good. You kidnapped me," Moon Young muttered under her breath. The hand stopped in her hair. A slight pain came from her scalp as she felt her hair getting pulled, but not to the extent it would get damaged.

"How could you do this to me, Moon Young? I was the one who took care of you, fed you and be there for you when you're sad." The voice quavered, sobs breaking out. Moon Young panicked. She didn't mean to hurt the person, she felt bad. Really bad. "I am sorry," she whispered. She was pulled into a hug as the voice said, "And you better mean it."

Five months since Ko Moon Young's kidnapping.

"Good morning!" The voice piped up happily. A wave of fresh air flowed into the room as Moon Young groaned lightly. "Wakey wakey, Moon Young! Time to start our daily activities," the person shook her awake. "I'm coming, I'm coming," she muttered. "Is that annoyance I hear?" The voice stopped being cheerful. In a moment, the atmosphere turned sour. Panic rose up in her body as she started to stutter an apology. She could feel the disappointment in the person's voice. "I guess, you're not that grateful for our daily activities," a disappointed tone rung clear throughout the room. "It's alright, I guess today's going to be an alone day for the both of us." The voice sighed, they counted silently to three when Moon Young suddenly spoke up. "No, no, I'm really grateful! Thank you for the daily activities, let's go!"

The daily activities mentioned were quite simple actually. Exercise, creative idea-writing, and self-care.  A diet, consisting of greens only, the person had decided that Moon Young had to lose weight, despite her objections. When she first objected, she was returned with a thoughtful advice. And when that didn't work, the person had no choice but to slap her. But after a month of the incident, the person felt guilty and offered a cat as a pet. Moon Young was happy at first to have a companion, although she soon turned terrified of forming a deeper bond with the cat, for whenever she got into trouble, she wasn't the one receiving the punishment. The cat did. She couldn't see what injuries it had, but not being able to hear it meow for a few hours after the punishment made her feel more guilty.