𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞

She sits there as still as a statue, looking like she wasn't emotionally there. As the wind breeze past her,  the jewels in her hair glittered in the sunlight. "Moon Young? Is that really you?" Gang Tae staggered towards her. He hoped it wasn't his mind playing tricks on him. Moon Young turned and her eyes widened as she sees him. She began to shift on the bench, hoping to move away but her feet couldn't move. Gang Tae knelt in front of her, their eyes meeting at the same level. "You are Ko Moon Young, aren't you?" He began to move her arms to wrap around his neck as he leaned in for a hug. Moon Young's breathing quickened as she struggled to comprehend what was happening. All she could mutter was the same two words over and over again. "Leave me, leave me, leave me, leave me." Gang Tae tightened the hug as he slowly patted her back, trying to calm her down. "It's alright, I'm here. Don't worry, I'm here. I'm sorry I couldn't find you." Tears trickled down her face as she began to sob. "Please, run, you cannot be here, she will kill you. Run. Run—"

Her words stopped as she heard Gang Tae gasp for air. He was roughly pulled away from her as she sees his injury. A knife protruding from his stomach, his white shirt slowly staining red as blood began to flow out of the wound. Behind him, the person smiled and began to laugh hysterically. They pulled the knife out. Gang Tae fell sideways as he clutched his stomach, a pool of blood beginning to form under him. He cried out in pain as they kicked him, pushing him to the side, walking towards Moon Young. Moon Young was frozen to her spot, unable to move nor talk. "Oh dear, my beautiful Moon Young, you shouldn't be crying. Did you not learn anything from me?" The question was yelled out as they continued walking forward. Gang Tae tried terribly to stop them from getting closer to her. Before they could do anything, footsteps came hurrying around the corner. The police along with Sang-in surrounded them. Guns raised at the person, the police warned, "Do Hui Jae, put down the knife." The person paused and snickered. "I'm not Do Hui Jae, I'm her mother. Do Hui Jae is not Moon Young's mother. Moon Young must be my daughter. She's supposed to be mine, mine, mine, MINE!" They pulled Moon Young by the hair like a rag doll, Moon Young whimpering underneath them as they put the bloodied knife to her neck.  "Stop that!" The police pointed their gun more forcefully towards the person.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Sang-in knelt next to Gang Tae, slowly lifting him up and checking his pulse. He sighed in relief as Gang Tae opened his eyes, coughing badly. He took out his phone to call for the medical team on standby. "Hello, please hurry to the upstairs viewing area. There is a person bleeding out." A gunshot sounded through the air. He turned around in time to see the person falling backwards as a bullet went through their body. Moon Young was pushed aside, the knife slashing her arm in the moment. Screams were heard as the people downstairs realised what was happening. "MOON YOUNG—" Sang-in stood up as he ran towards her, catching her. Moon Young had fainted, not responding to him. "Both of you guys are injured. This is very bad," he muttered, taking off his blazer to wrap it around her arm. Next to him, the police were putting handcuffs on the person as they spat out blood. "Don't let the attacker bleed out! We have to interrogate them!" The chief in charge ordered as the medical team rushed to the site and began to treat Moon Young, Gang Tae and the person while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. As they were rushed to the ambulance, reporters began to swarm around Sang-in, microphones shoved in front of him as he tried to follow the ambulance. "Mr Lee! Could you give as a summary as of what happened?" "Mr Lee! Was that Ko Moon Young?" "Mr Lee! Who was the third person that was put into the ambulance?" Sang-in stopped as he shouted out to the reporters and fans that were watching the situation unfold. "Everyone! Ko Moon Young and Moon Gang Tae were seriously injured by the third person. This event is cancelled. Please let me go and take care of them!" Security guards began to barricade the reporters and fans from moving forward.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
The Case of Ko Moon Young's Kidnapping
[Related Case: Case 104373]

This is an extracted conversation from the interrogation.

Detective: "So, Miss Park. What was your intention for kidnapping Ko Moon Young?"

Park: "It isn't kidnapping if I was taking back what was rightfully mine. Do Hui Jae should have been me. I am Do Hui Jae. I should have married him, not her. I should have been the one who was successful. I should have been the one to take care of Moon Young. I AM DO HUI JAE."

Detective: "Miss Park, you didn't answer my question. What was the intention for kidnapping Ko Moon Young?"

Park: "I told you already, Moon Young wasn't kidnapped. I was taking care of her, providing her food and shelter. I am the real mother here. Also, stop calling me Miss Park. I told you I am Do Hui Jae. I should be Do Hui Jae!"

Psychologist Notes
It is assumed that Miss Park is an obsessive fan that formed a parasocial relationship with Ko Moon Young. She has taken to the role of being Do Hui Jae in her imagination and it is nearly impossible to convince her that she is Miss Park. We should proceed with caution as she will be trialed on attempts of murder, kidnapping and abuse. Reminder to never let Do Hui Jae and Miss Park meet to avoid any potential conflict that might arise between the two women.

Police Notes
Park Hui Jae, 54 years old, is responsible for the attempted murder of Ko Moon Young and Moon Gang Tae, as well as the abuse and kidnapping of Ko Moon Young. It should be known that her name should never be released to the public based on the psychologist's advice. There will only be satisfaction for Miss Park and no guilt if she found out that she is famous. We should reduce the risk of another similar incident from happening again.

Signed by the Head of the Police Station in Seongjin City,
Woo Kim-Han

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Beep. Beep. Beep. Moon Young awoke to a white room, the sunlight being filtered by the curtains blocking them from entering the room. She groaned in pain as she tried to turn. Her arm was wrapped with bandages as an IV bag was connected to her hand with a tube. As she slowly shifted, she noticed there was another bed next to hers. She gasped as she sees Gang Tae, eyes closed, with a bunch of tubes connecting him to machines. She struggled as she push herself up to walk towards him. "Gang Tae, no, no, no.." She collapsed next to his bed and began to sob uncontrollably. She grasped his hands in hers while apologising profusely even though Gang Tae couldn't hear her. Feeling his hands grasping hers in return, her breathing began to slow down as she sees Gang Tae open his eyes. He turned towards her and smiled, his thumb rubbing her hand, soothing her. "Hey." "Hi."

They were silent for a few minutes until Gang Tae spoke up. "Are you alright?" She lifted her head to look at him and nodded. "You are way worse, why couldn't you listen to me when I told you to run?" She criticised him, blaming herself as she processed his injuries. "You were finally here, I couldn't just let you go after not seeing you for a long time. I promised myself that I wouldn't leave your side anymore." He smiled as he saw a corner of her mouth turn upwards. "You idiot." She muttered. "Hey, I'm your idiot." He paused as he took another breath. "Moon Young, I love you like no one else. Nobody can get in between us. I will stay by your side for as long as I am alive. I'm yours. My body, my mind, my emotions all belong to you. Don't call me an idiot. I know what you are going to say." They chuckled as they looked at each other, hands clasped together. Everything is going to be fine. After all, this is their fairytale.

Author's Note
After three years of writing, with a long break in between, this is the end of the story! Thank you all for the support and comments! Fun fact, I wrote this chapter on the aeroplane as I am travelling! I might post other stories here but most probably it wouldn't be connected to any fandoms. I bid you all adieu and see you in the next story!