Chapter 8

'Maybe I should stop' I said to myself.

I can't stop thinking about yesterday. The way we could walk comfortably in silence or the way he caught me when I slipped or maybe perhaps it was the way he had kissed me.

I came to a decision that I will back off from Henry, I will put a stop to any more comfortable walks to come or any more of the way he catches me when I slip or for most importantly, any more kisses to come.

I was sitting with Amber helping her pick out a wedding dress, but to be honest I was there to just make sure what she picked was appropriate and perfect for her. At some stage she always said she wanted to wear a two piece wedding dress and show of her body. As her maid of honor I want to make sure she is happy with her decision and that Dean would be happy with it too.

Amber and I walked in the shop and we were greeted with a lady in a tight fitting dress that ened just below her knees. "Hello ladies! I will get you guys a room and then I'll call up Sam to help you guys pick a dress." She then handed gave us both two glasses of white wine.

She took Amber and I to the corner of the shop where I can sit on one of the love coutches. We met up with Sam which was going to be Amber's dress assistant for today. He was very polite and was ready to help.

Amber and I with the help of Sam got a few dresses for her to try on. A few were my choices and the others were her favorites. "That one will definitely look good on you." I said pointing to the second dress we picked out. "Dean will definitely keep his eyes on you." I snickered at my own comment while Amber laughed and turned to me.

"Speaking of eyes, why does that spy looking guy keep looking at you? And why is he standing at the door?" Before I could speak she pinned it together and  gasped.

"Wait! Is it that fancy Mafia boss of yours?!" I put my finger to my lips and shush Amber. "Dont you want to say that louder so everyone can hear that huh?" she gave me a dumb found look.

"You literally have a bodyguard and your acting cool with it?" Amber started rambling questions about Henry and the bodyguard when one specific question pricked my ears.

"He must fancy you enough to be patrolling you like a gaurd dog, making sure your safe 24/7." I snapped my head think about it. No, he doesn't he was just desperate and we both need to forget about what happened with each other the other night.

"He doesn't fancy me, he's my boss not a love option." I said and kept my focus on the dresses passing us as we were walking to get amber to try them on.

"He does! He cares about you." She teased. I took a deep breath and tried to keep my thoughts together instead of thinking about last night and the possibilities.

"Amber, he's my boss and he just wants to make sure in safe. There's no chemistry at all and besides what kind of person should a be if I fell in love with my boss? That would be very unprofessional." Amber shook her head. "Fine, but I want more details." I put the finger she pointed at me.

"Amber, just try on the dresses." We both smiled and she went to the personal changing rooms.

                                ****

Amber tried on most of them and so far she hasn't found the one that makes her smile when she looks at herself.

As she walked back to the changing room to try on the ones I picked with the help of Sam.

I smiled to myself at the thought of my best friend finally getting married. When we were young we always had the thought that I was going to get married first. Amber is a very out going person and when she found Dean they instantly connected. I could see the love in their eyes and how they were inseparable together.

I would like to find a love like theirs, someone who would go above and beyond or under the mountains for me. Just as I would do the same for them. But without the help of my dad I don't think I'll find someone trusting just yet.

I will never forgive what my father did to me. He practically ruined all sort of love for me.

I shook my head from the thought of my dad and took another sip of the white wine.

Just then I got a text.

Henry: Still busy?

Doesn't Henry have better things to do than text me?

Hannah: By the looks of how Amber is feeling about the dresses seems like we might be here for another hour or two.

Henry: That's fine, I need to get back to a meeting. Hope you get back safely.

Hannah: Will do, thanks.

I put my phone back down, stopping any thought of why he would make time to check in on me.

"Okay I'm coming out Hannah be ready I think this one might be my favorite." I heard Amber say from behind the curtain.

When the curtain opened and Amber stepped out in the gown and into my sight I could feel my breath hitch. She looks absolutely gorgeous in the dress.

It was the one I picked with her, the second dress. It was a tight fitted dress with lace everywhere and had a small train behind. The dress also had laced sleeves with small diamonds on the collar bone. The back of the dress was open and see-through, the dress wasnt to stiff but it wasn't a ball room gown and it wasn't full with lace but it wasn't to much of lace. It was perfect for her, that dress has exactly her name on it. It was her dress.

I exhale and stop myself from crying. As Amber does a 360° turn view for me and looks at herself in the mirror. I see her smile and laugh as she waves her hand by her face trying to stop the tears from flowing.

"I really like this one." She says as she stared at herself happy with how she looks.

"Amber you are beautiful, the dress just fits you so well. Its like it was made specifically for you." We both laugh and Sam moves to put the dresses train behind her properly. "I agree with her, Amber the dress is absolutely stunning on you." He said with a smile and looked at her through the mirror.

Amber turned to me and lifted her arms. "I think this is it." She says and I stood up and walked closer to the dress to admire the smaller details. "It's definitely it." I said and I look back at her.

"I'm going to get married!" Tears started to form and leave my eyes. We both shared a beautiful moment and laughed.

We thank Sam for his help before Amber went back to change and pay for the dress as I waited for her by reception. Amber had the dress in her hands in a safe packaging and stood walked with me to the door. The bodyguard that Henry sent for me walked behind me as I walked with Amber to her car.

She carefully put the dress in neatly. We said out goodbyes and walked separate ways as I had to head to the black suv. The bodyguard opened the door for me and I got in.

I just need to text Henry that we finished quicker than I had estimated.

Hannah: We just finished. Heading back.

Henry: Great, see you soon. Drive safe.

I smiled at the text but realized the decision I made that I need to stick to.

And if I want to stick to it I need to distance myself from him. Im sure he will do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers, I'm so sorry for not posting in a while I was busy with a golf function and new years with my family.

I hope your enjoying the story so far, just to let you guys know the wedding will only be in the next 7-12 chapters ahead so don't worry more Hannah, Isabella and Henry scenes will come.

Don't forget to eat and drink water!! Have a good day everyone!