Chapter 21

Today's the big day.

I finish putting on my black heels and stand up from a chair sitting in front of the master bedroom that I was staying in.

I fixed my dress and stood in front of the mirror.

I turned my gaze to the other woman either doing their makeup or chatting with the others. Their emerald bridesmaids dresses shining in the natural light that came in from the window.

I turn my head back to the bed where I see Amber getting her hair fixed.

The sight in seeing her in a white wedding dress nearly made me tear up.

I wipe the non-existent tear from my face and amber smiles seeing my reaction.

I hear I knock on the door.

"I got it." I say to amber.

I run up and unlocked the door. "Brides not ready." I say expecting to see Dean, but when I open the door I'm great with someone else.

On the other side of the door stood Henry, or should I say Nícolas.

I open the door and step outside, still not wanting to let the bride be seen.

"Henry- Nícolas, what are you doing here?" I say, looking at Nícolas in his all black suit.

Nícolas was the groomsman for Dean. Dean asked Nícolas since his brother couldn't be here.

After the whole 'family reunion' I had going on, Dean and Nícolas got to know each other better because Amber and I were doing a lot of planning for their wedding.

"I came by to drop something off." Nícolas's replys back with a smile.

"What is it?" I ask curiously. I look down to see a box in Nícolas's hand.

"Well, I wanted to add something to your outfit." He started. He brought up his hands and started fumbling with the box until the lid came off. "I didn't know when you'd wear it, but today definitely seems like one of thoes important days." Nícolas continued.

Inside the box was a diamond hair clip. It was wide with intricate designs that had diamonds assembled on it.

I gasp at the sight of it. "Nícolas it's beautiful. I can't wear something like that, it must cost a fortune."

Nícolas lightly laughs. "It was my mother's. She wore it on her wedding day. She would have wanted you to have it if she met you." Nícolas's happy expression turned sad at the memory of his mother.

I remember on day, Nícolas told me that his mom sadly passed away from a head injury.

"Turn around, let me put it on." Nícolas said, looking at my face searching for a distraction.

I turned around and felt Nícolas place the heavy object into my hair that was made into a low bun.

Soon as I felt Nícolas stop fumbling I turned back to face him.

His eyes filled with passion. "It looks amazing on you." He said with a genuine smile.

I smile back at Nícolas, taking his word for it. Im hoping this won't take attention away from amber the bride herself, but yet again she's wearing a diamond bedazzled crown with a veil.

Nícolas and I stare at each other. His eyes taking my all in.

Nícolas placed his hands on both of my cheeks. "I love you." He stated.

Warmth starts rising to my cheeks. "I love you too."

He pulled me in for a kiss. It was sweet and passionate yet calming and not to quick.