1. Lust Leads to Hell

It's Sunday and the sun decided to take revenge on Sumedh, who was still sleeping after 10 am. The warm sunlight shone right on his oily and sleepy face which was covered with his curls. At the very same time, his phone which was under his couch rang. He lazily pick the phone up and was annoyed by the news he heard.

"Another day another death? I wonder why your God loves killing people!" He huffed.

"Sumedh, would you please be serious? It doesn't seem like a natural death, suicide, or accident, but looks like murder! And it looks quite fresh, so the murder should have happened in the early morning or last night." ACP Aakesh, who is also Sumedh's college friend said.

"Murder? Interesting!" Sumedh said while yawning.

"It's not funny, I'll text you an address. Come to that place immediately!"

"Noted boss!" Sumedh said and kept his phone on the glass table. He quickly bathe and wore his khaki uniform. After taking a sip of tea for his breakfast, he rushed to the villa where the murder happened.

"This villa looks good and mysterious at the same time

"This villa looks good and mysterious at the same time. I wonder who went in here" Sumedh thought while taking off his sunglasses.

"Sumedh, come with me!" Aakesh took Sumedh's hand and went into that one room, which looks classy but had a dead body in the middle.

A woman was laying on the bed naked, with only a dress made with money covering her like a blanket. Her hands and legs were tied. On her body parts like neck, shoulder, thighs, calves, and forehead, there are the marks of snakebites. The forensic officer collected evidence like the venom stain of the snake from the bedsheet and the shed skin of the snake.

"She was killed quite badly!" Sumedh said finding any other shreds of evidence.

"What could it be? It seems like a one-night stand! She might be a prostitute or just a random agreement for having an intimate relationship." Aakesh guessed.

"If so, why didn't we get any semen traces?"

"That makes sense... But wait! Who said intimate relationship is always with the opposite gender?"

"Wait what?" Sumedh looked at him in confusion.

"Yup... Some people do have intimacy with the same gender. If this lady was in a relationship with another lady, there's is no way we are going to get the semen traces but we are supposed to get the discharge!"

"You guys found it?"

"No!"

"Then why on earth do you waste my time by giving such a long lecture on this bro?" Sumedh rolled his eyes.

"Who knows, maybe it will be useful for you to know that some people don't have an interest in the same gender!" Aakesh smirked.

"For me? Why tho?" Sumedh said while smoking his grape-flavored vape. (I AM NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO DO THIS, THIS IS JUST FOR THE PLOT PURPOSE)

"Because you seem to not have interest in girls. Bro! You're 25 and never even looked at a girl. How is it even possible? Be like me, bro! Saw a girl at 19, loved her for a year, and broke up with her the next year. And then again found a girl, flirted with her, she cheated on me, and another break-up. Again, I fall in love with one girl and now she changed me from a playboy to a loyal one. So you see, in 6 years, I fall for 3 girls. I enjoyed my life. Why don't you too bro?"

"It's not about not having an interest in girls, but I'm not interested in love. For me, enjoyment, happiness, and love everything has been ashes along with my family in that accident!" Sumedh said turning to the other. The incident of his family burning in the fire flashed in front of his eyes, leaving him in tears."

"I'm sorry Sumedh, I was just kidding!" Aakesh felt bad for reminding him of his bitter past.

"Nah, that's fine!"

"Their souls are resting in peace by the grace of God!" Aakesh said holding his Trisul locket on his neck.

"Say anything but not this! I don't even believe in your God!" He huffed and continued, "Let's go to the lab! We need the venom and post-mortem report immediately!" Sumedh said shrugging off all his memories.

*********

The house was filled with sobs and grief. Dheeraj and Sudheer along with Nivedita's dead body were at the cremation center. On the other hand, Pranali and Pallavi were crying while looking at her photo. Aura has no idea what to do, she was just hugging Mallika's waist all the time. Meanwhile, Mallika who was facing the balcony was too shocked to speak. But she wasn't really sad about her sister's death.

"I warned her many times about her and the others about her behavior! No one listened to me. Her cheap behavior ends up here. How can someone be so lustful without counting who they are? Literally, like how? She tried to misbehave with me. What the hell? I am a girl, more than that, I'm her sister. She even tried to molest Aura when she was sleeping many times. Thank god, I stopped her. Or else, how traumatized Aura would be? To be honest, she deserves this. As a sister, I shouldn't say this, but I can't deny the fact that she is the worst woman and sister ever one could have!" Mallika thought.

"Miku! Why aren't you crying?" Aura asked innocently.

"Why aren't you?" Mallika asked in return, kneeling before her.

"I don't know! I don't feel like crying!"

"Same here!" Mallika shrugged her shoulder.

"Then, shall we get some ice cream?" Aura asked.

"Are you serious Aura? What shall I say to maa and Bhabi?"

"That you're too sad, and you need a walk? Something like that?" Aura suggested.

"Since when did you begin to lie?" Mallika asked in shock.

"Since, I was dad's daughter?"

"What?" Mallika scoffed in confusion.

"Mallika, Aura! What are you both doing?" Pallavi called them from the living room.

Immediately, Aura took her water spray near the flower pot and sprayed some on her hand, and patted it near her's and Mallika's eyes. Mallika was too stunned to speak.

"Haan, Bhabi we are coming!"

"I need you both to visit the priest's house and get Nivedita's birth and death astrology chart! I need to be here with Maa, she's too weak to move!"

"Haan Bhabi, I will go!"

As they walk out of the house, Aura winked at Mallika. Mallika pinched the bridge of her nose and proceeded to the ice cream parlor first.
_______________________________________

Hey Dudes, so here comes the first chapter of Lover or Killer Season 2. Hope you like it. Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ❤️