7. Hunt Resumes

After that beautiful day spent with her 'little world', Mallika peacefully shut her eyes while laying on the bed with Aura next to her and Sumedh in her heart. On the other hand, Sumedh was driving home with a smile playing on his face and it portrays his happiness.

The next day, Mallika woke up when she heard her mother knocking on the door. Mallika lazily woke up and opened the door.

"Wake up darling, your papa wants to bring you somewhere?"

"Huh? To where maa?" Mallika asked while rubbing her eyes.

"I don't know, he said he has to register something under your name for your future use, so, quickly get ready!"

"Maa, but..."

"No buts and ifs! Go now!" She pushed Mallika into the bathroom.

"I'll take Aura along with me!" She said from the bathroom to which her mother agreed.

*********
Mallika and Aura were sitting in the backseat of her father's jeep which was he driving. They were enjoying the fresh air while talking to each other.

"Miku, I forgot to ask something!" Aura said.

"What is it Aura?"

"Why did you and Maggie uncle overreact that night?" She whispered.

"Which one are you talking about?"

"The one I said about turning on your blushing mood!" Mallika remembered that embarrassing moment and kept silent.

"What does turning on mean?" Aura asked innocently to which Mallika was confused about whether to laugh or to adore her innocence.

"If you want to know that, first grow up, get a boyfriend, marry him. And then he'll tell you!"

"Ain't waiting too long. I'm getting a boyfriend today, marry him and ask him about it!" Aura said with puffed cheeks. Mallika softly pulled her cheeks.

Coincidentally, Sumedh saw them on the jeep while he was on his police one. Aakesh wasn't with him at that time, so he had to drive to his destination.

Aurika saw him and smiled in excitement. He was equally excited seeing them. But his smile slowly shrinks which held Mallika in confusion. She looked in front and saw a lorry accelerating towards them.

"Move to the other lane!" Sumedh shouted as he moved his Jeep to the other lane and stopped it right there. But it seems Mallika's father had no control over the jeep. Worsening the situation, the break of the jeep failed. Sumedh was panicking. He ran towards the jeep and first pulled Mallika and Aura down from it. He make sure they landed safely although they had some minor bruises. When he turned to help Mallika's dad, his shoe stuck in the small hole in the drainage system. By the time, he freed himself, the lorry crashed Mallika's dad along with his Jeep. Sumedh covered Aurika with his jacket so that no dangerous equipment will fall on them. He shut his face to avoid getting dust in his eyes or burning his face.

"PAPAAAA!!!!" Mallika whispered as she was traumatized, seeing her father being crushed. Aura's eyes went wide but she didn't react much. She was thinking about something.

Mallika tried to run toward her father. Sumedh noticed that the fluid leak is spreading and soon will catch fire. He immediately stopped Mallika who was stubborn to listen. He pulled her towards him by her wrist and covered her under his jacket as the car blasted. He pulled her to the side where Aura was standing cluelessly. He covered her small figure with his muscular one.

Mallika weakly falls to her knees with a loud sob. Sumedh's heart ached to see her in that state. He knelt, trying to convince her.

"Why didn't you safe him!" She cried out loud while hitting his broad chest with her tiny hands.

"I'm sorry...I tried but..." Before Sumedh could finish, Aura interrupted.

"Uncle, where's dada??" Sumedh turned his gaze towards the jeep, where Dheeraj's body was missing.

"What the hell! It was right here!" Sumedh punched his fist on the tar road. Mallika was too confused that she was unable to speak a word but her tears were wetting her cheeks non-stop.

Sumedh immediately called his team to take the situation under the control. He sent Aurika to their home and informed Sudeer and Pranali about it. Sudheer caught Sumedh's collar in anger.

"Don't you feel ashamed to tell this to us? It's been weeks this hunt towards my family, but the police force did nothing!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Sudeer, we are.."

"To the hell with sorry! Now, go and get that bastard who is doing all these!" Sumedh couldn't help but stay silent in that situation. He silently went back without even looking at Aurika.

"It's all because of you!" Pranali shouted.

"Maa, please calm down!" Sudheer calmed his mother.

"Shut up Sudheer! Since she steps into our house, all these bad things are happening to us!" His mother shouted at Mallika although her elder daughter's death happened before Mallika returned.

"Maa?" Mallika's lips trembled and her eyes pooled up as her mom spits venomous words toward her. She was never like that before. She was a very sweet lady and the best mom. But what happened now?

"I don't want her, go leave her somewhere else, I don't wish to lose you too, my son!" Pranali held Sudeer's shoulder and cried. Mallika froze the way she stood. Aura understood that there is a major misunderstanding.

"Dadi, don't worry! Dada has gone to a place he deserves! He is with God now, aren't we supposed to be happy?" Aura said trying to calm her grandmother.

"Who taught you this now? Your bua right? This is just an excuse for her to be happy even though her family members are dying day by day! She just doesn't care about her family but herself. Such a selfish person I've raised! I should have just.."

"Mom stop! That's so mean! No matter what, she's your daughter! Remember that!" Pranali didn't say a single word. Her grief and pain made her say such mean words to her daughter.

On the other hand, Mallika weakly headed toward her room. She hugged her knees and shed silent tears as her heart was screaming. The past weeks have been tough for everyone, is that because of her?

Aura's eyes pooled with tears watching her cupid crying in pain. She only has one way left to make herself comfortable again. What is that?"

Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ❤️