9. Golden Mother

By the time Aurika reached home, Sudheer and Pranali knew that they were missing. Mallika steps into the house while trembling. Pranali, who was draped in a white sari without any other ornaments or flowers, rushed towards Mallika and raised her hand to slap her, and she did. Mallika did expect this as she knows she messed up everything.

"You bloody idiot! Is this why I raised you all these years? For you to sneak out at night? Huh? Why did you come back? You characterless girl! Today, you have sneaked out, tomorrow you'll never think twice to spread your legs for a man!"

"Maa stop it! I have self-respect too! I'm still talking to you too with respect just because you're my mother, or else..." Mallika's anger when her mother talked about her character was unexplainable.

"Or else what? You'll kill me, huh? Oh, wait! Were you the one who killed everyone in my house? So that you can go and come anywhere at any time? You're bringing my little grandchild with you too? I don't want her to be spoiled! Stay away from her!" Pranali said pulling Aura towards her.

"I don't have to stay away from her. She's my niece and I have full rights to her. Maybe it's not me who kill our family members, but the poison in your heart and mind which turned into bad karma." Mallika said and slammed her room door on Pranali's face.

A few minutes later, Sudheer came home with a bloodstain on his shirt. Pranali's heart skipped a beat. When she asked him about it, he said he was involved in a small accident.

After that, while serving Sudheer his dinner, Pranali whispered to him.

"I'm afraid of anything else would happen. Bring her to the office tomorrow morning itself. At least, three of us, let's be safe." Aura overheard their conversation but wasn't sure what it was about.

"I wonder why Papa always lies! The day before big bua died, he told mumma that he was at the office at late night, but when Miku, Miku's friend, and I went out for dinner, I saw him talking with someone. But I didn't say anything to Miku, as she was already stressing about her studies. After that, every time Papa goes out, he says he is either going to purchase groceries or to meet his friends. But most of the time he ends up at a bar or coffee shop with the same man with formal clothes and a tie. What would it be? Which office was dadi talking about?" Aura thought while walking towards Mallika's room.

At 1.15 in the morning...

Pranali heard footsteps near her door. She immediately woke up and sat on her bed. She started to sweat although the air conditioning was at the highest temperature and speed.

"Please don't do me anything! Please don't do me anything!" She shut her ears.

"Maa?"

"Huh?" Pranali jerked.

"What happened maa? Why are you so terrified?" Sudheer asked while rubbing her back.

"I'm afraid of the killer! For some reason, I doubt Mallika in this!"

"Mallika? Why her?"

"As if you don't know? Now she even started to sneak out at night! She seems so suspicious!"

"Nothing like that maa! Don't worry okay. By the way, I'm going out now!"

"What the hell Sudheer, it's 1.15 am and you want to go out? You know what's happening with our family right? I don't think it's right for you to go out at night alone. Even I'm scared to be alone!"

"Don't worry maa! Lock the door and windows okay? Sleep tight, if you don't feel sleepy play any Facebook games or something. Soon, you'll fall asleep. Okay? I gotta go, bye!" He said and left.

As Sudheer said, she locked herself in her room and started to play Candy Crush on her smartphone. Suddenly, an unusual ad popped with the statement 'CLICK TO WIN GOLD RIGHT NOW!'

Ignorance or greed, I don't know, she ended up clicking it.

'CONGRATULATION, your gold will be delivered right now!' Another statement popped.

"Right now? A scam it is!" Suddenly, her phone screen turned black as if someone hacked it.

"I never scam anyone!!" She heard a creepy voice echo in her room. She looked up and found someone fully covered with a black jacket hanging like Spiderman with the support of a few strong ropes. Then, that person jumped on the bed, making Pranali bounce.

"Here is your gift!" That person took a few medium-sized gold nuggets. Pranali lost her voice in shock that she can't even scream for help. Then, he took a propane torch from his backpack and started to melt the gold, and pour it into a crucible.

When Pranali tried to run, she noticed her legs were tied but she had no idea when it happened.

"Hot, shiny, and lovely hainna? Such a golden mother you are, right? You deserve this!" Saying this, that person pressed Pranali's cheeks hardly, which made her open them forcefully.

"Enjoy your gift!!" He/she said while pouring the hot and burning gold from the crucible. Her tongue and gums were burnt badly. The brightness of the gold was visible on her neck as the gold slowly slide down her throat. He took more gold and pour them into her nostrils, making her respiratory system disturbed. He also poured some into her ears and eyes, covering her whole face in gold. Finally, with the gold, she/he left a note on her body.

***************

"Golden Gift for Golden Mother!" Mallika was startled by her mother's horrible death that she lost her balance and fell to the floor. Day by day, Aura understood that something serious is going on. Aurika came to Pranali's room to wake her up as the police constable bought breakfast for them. But they end up witnessing her dead body covered with gold laying on the bed.

After some time, Sudheer came home rushing.

"Maa!" A sob escaped from his mouth. Mallika and Sudheer looked at each other.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?" They both asked in unison.

To be Continued...

DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE ✅
COMMENT✅
SHARE❤️