3. Criminal Psychology

"Maggie uncle? You?" Aura asked as she saw him sitting in the jeep. Sumedh was trying to be tough in his uniform in front of Aura but he failed.

"Yes Aura, it's me!" Sumedh smiled.

Mallika just stare at him blankly, knowing that she almost screwed up things by yelling at him, but thankfully she didn't.

"Why did you call us, sir?" Mallika asked.

"We would like to have a small inquiry session with you and Aura. I hope you both will cooperate with us to solve the mystery hidden in your sister's murder case!" Sumedh said to which Mallika and Aura agreed. Aakesh drove the jeep. Meanwhile, Aura never stopped questioning both of them.

"What's your name, topee uncle?" Aura asked and Sumedh almost laughed but he controlled it.

"Uhm, my name is Aakesh!" He smiled.

"Ohhhhh... Both of you seem to be good friends? Aren't you?"

"Yes, we are Aura!" Sumedh said.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're an inspector Sumedh uncle... actually Maggie uncle.. this name suits you more!" Aura laughed with her cutest voice.

Sumedh and Aakesh chuckled.

"Inspector? Who? He is the Commissioner of the Mumbai Police and I'm the Assistant Commissioner." Aakesh said.

"What the hell!" Mallika thought.

"Oooohhhh... You must be earning really well!"

"Yaa, earning a big fat amount of stress and confusion!" Sumedh said. While everyone was interacting with each other, Mallika was busy watching Sumedh from the wing mirror. Aura noticed her but said nothing except for smirking quietly. After some time, they reached the police station.

"Aakesh! Location changed!" As they both were girls, Sumedh didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable under the other criminals' gaze. So, he decided to bring them somewhere safer, which was Sumedh's house.

His house was clean and well organized. Yet was plain and simple.

"Make yourselves comfortable!" Sumedh said and went inside to get them some water.

"Well, I heard your sister died this morning right? But you and your niece are eating ice cream and having a wholesome celebration in the rain? You don't seem sad about your loss. Can I know what's the reason?" He said after serving them the water.

Mallika had no words to say. She would sound suspicious if she said she's not sad about her sister's death even though she's not the one who committed the murder.

"What makes you think so long?" Sumedh said while crossing her arms against his chest, scaring Mallika.

"We are just not sad for her! We don't like her!" Aura pouted.

"What? You don't like your aunt? Why?"

"Because Miku doesn't like her. I don't like anyone that Miku doesn't!" Aura said.

"Who's Miku now?" Aakesh asked.

"Miku... Mallika?" Sumedh asked in a questioning manner.

"Haan! She's just 7 years older than me! Thus, I call her so!"

"You mean, she's 18 and you're 11!" Aakesh said as he knew some of their family information including Aura's age.

"Yup!"

"Ms. Mallika, would you like to clarify why you don't like your sister? Nothing should be hidden. I can find them in a second!" Sumedh said. He was scaring the shit out of her although she's innocent. She decided to stick with the truth no matter what.

"Ok listen. My elder sister, Nivedita is a nymphomaniac. She doesn't even care about who the person next to her is, her sister, her niece, her friends, her colleagues, an old man, a young woman even a child! Her character was disgusting.
It's not new for her to be a one-night-stand. She agreed that she works at the prostitution center sometimes. At the end of the day, some other psychopath had used and killed her." Mallika said as Aura was looking at her.

"What's a nymphomaniac, Miku?" Aura asked innocently.

"It's nothing, Aura!" Mallika said.

"Why would you do that? She needs to know the meaning. She needs to be aware of all these words and people!" Sumedh said.

"But.. " Mallika hesitated.

"If you can't, let me clear her! Aura, a nymphomaniac is a person with hypersexuality behavior as a woman. It means, they lust for a physical relationship. Sometimes, they don't care about gender and age. I'm telling you this because you should be aware of all this and protect yourself. Sometimes, there will be no one to protect us, except for ourselves." Sumedh told her.

"Thank you Maggie uncle. I understand and I promise I'll protect myself at any cost." She grinned to which Sumedh smiled.

"Coming back to the point, where were you both when this incident happened? Or when you knew this news?"

"It's been a month since Aura and I left for my friend's house. We stayed there as I felt unsafe under my sister's gaze. Thus, I had to lie that we are having a student exchange program in the district and stayed at my friend's house. Her name is Monika. We came here this morning after receiving a phone call from my sister-in-law that my sister died." Mallika said.

"Great. Thanks for telling us the truth Ms. Mallika!" Sumedh said.

"How do you know she's telling the truth? What is she lies?" Aura asked.

"Aura, are you serious! I'm not lying!" Mallika said in disbelief.

"I can see if one is lying or not by the way they see and communicate Aura"

"How does it work?"

"Your Miku was looking maintaining good eye contact with me as she answered my questions even though, I was looking at her suspiciously on purpose. She provided enough information, which is not much and not less. But if one can't maintain eye contact even if you're looking at him in scaring manner, it means he's lying and is scared. The one that says the truth will not be scared. Besides that, if one gave less information, it means, they are lying and didn't make up a proper story. On the other hand, if one gave over pieces of information, he or she is trying hard to prove that they aren't lying which confirms that they are lying." Sumedh spits out the knowledge that he gained from criminal psychology.

"Wow! That's interesting! Next time, I can find out whenever dad is lying!" Aura clapped and jumped on the couch in the happiness of learning something new and cool.

"Thank you for spending your time for us, young ladies. And Miku.. uhm, actually Mallika, I'm sorry for what happened in the ice cream parlor!" Sumedh clicked his tongue to hide his slightly blushing and smiling face.

"That's fine Maggie.. uhm Sumedh!" Mallika sucked her inner cheeks.

"I'll drop you off at your house!" Sumedh said but Mallika denied it.

"No, actually we have to get some stuff from the priest's house. My mom will be worrying if I go home in a police jeep. Don't worry, I will manage! Thanks by the way!" Mallika appreciated his kindness.

"Bye Maggie uncle, bye topee uncle!" Aura keeps calling them by the name that she gave them instead of calling with their real ones. Before leaving, Aura hugged Sumedh's waist and ran. Sumedh felt so loved by Aura... Soon, will be feel loved by her bua too?

To find out, stay tuned. Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ❤️