6. My Little World

"What is it, Aura?" Sumellika asked in unison.

"YOU!" Aura pointed her finger to Sumedh.

"Me?" Sumedh raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, you! Can you be with us for one whole day?"

"Aura, it's not nice to ask him like that!" Mallika said but deep in her heart, she wants him to be her.

"Nothing is impossible if Aura wants it to happen!" Sumedh kissed Aura's cheek.

"Yeayyyyyyyy!!" Aura jumped, clapping her hands. Mallika smiled as peacefulness filled her heart.

"Are you going to sleep in these clothes?" Mallika asked awkwardly.

"I don't think I have another choice, to be honest, right?" Sumedh shrugged his shoulder.

"Maybe, I can get Papa's clothes for you!" Aura said but Sumedh stopped her.

"That's fine Aura, if he searches for that particular attire in the morning, then we all are going to be caught!"

"Police ki Dimaak!" Aura laughed. Mallika excused herself and went into the restroom to change her clothes. She suggested Sumedh dry his clothes with the blow dryer in her bathroom and he agreed.

After setting the bed, and a place for Sumedh to sleep, Mallika laid down next to Aura. Sumedh came from the bathroom, shirtless. Mallika immediately turned her gaze to the other side.

"Maggie uncle! You shouldn't do this, now you're turning on her..."

"WHAT?" Sumellika said in shock and in disbelief of what Aura just said.

"I haven't finished my sentence! Stop cutting me in between... I mean, you're turning on her blushing mood!" This was quite better but still embarrassing for Mallika. Sumedh chuckled sat on the couch.

"I can't help, my hoodie is too thick and wet to dry." He said.

"You can have mine, I have a few oversized hoodies!" Mallika said. She got down from the bed and took one of her black oversized hoodies with an infinity sign on it. He thanked her and wore it. Then, he slept on the couch and Mallika lay on her bed again.

"In every love story, it's always the girl who wears the boy's clothes but it's total upside down here!" Aura whispered.

"That's fine, this is equally romantic!" Mallika said snuggling into her pillow.

"So you agree you're in love with Maggie Uncle?" Aura smirked. The way Mallika blushed and changed the topic makes Aura understand that she has fallen for that Maggie Wala Police Uncle. Mallika was looking at him before slipping into a deep slumber. As soon as she closes her eyes, Sumedh opened his eyes and was staring at her and a drop of tear slipped from the edge of his eyes.

*****************

The next morning, even before the sunrise, Sumedh wakes Aurika. He asked them to freshen up and wear good clothes. After that, Aurika went out of their room where Sumedh jumped out of the window. Mallika took blessings from her parents and her brother. Then, she went to Pallavi's photo and prayed to her.

"Maa, actually I have some assignments to do, but I feel bad leaving Aura alone, so can I bring her with me?" Mallika asked her mom.

"Sure Miku, take care, have fun!" She said with a small smile.

"But maa, I thought we should bring her to..." Sudheer tried to interrupt but was cut in between by his father.

"Let her have fun for one time!" He said and Sudheer kept quiet. After walking until the end of the street, Sumedh picked them up in his car.