10. I Kill Because I Love You

"You've killed mom!" Mallika whispered with tears in her eyes.

"She's my mom too!" Mallika ignored him and was pointing out his mistakes.

"You're being suspicious since Aura and I came back for Didi's last rituals. You've been lying alot. You've been meeting some random man at night instead of doing your office work as you told us. What if it's you and that random man is the killer? Because no one else would know much about our family than us. We don't have cousins too. It's just us. It's not me, not Aura. It means you are the killer!" Mallika gets to know about all these incidents after catching Aura confused last night.

Sudheer was startled at all the points she gave. He started to sweat all of sudden.

"Stop building up stories okay? There's no such thing! Besides, I suspect you alot. Even maa told me last night that she suspects you are the killer as you've been abnormal for a few days!"

"Abnormal? What? Do I walk with my hands and eat with my legs?" Mallika yells at her brother. Unable to control the situation, Sudheer took a step forward to hit her, but before that, a muscular body, smaller than his yet a protective one came in between the fighting siblings.

"Uncle!" Aura hugged him to the side.

"Hitting a woman is wrong sir! Plus, I am in charge to take care of this case, so I hope both of you will cooperate. Thank you!" Sumedh said adjusting his police cap.

Sudheer punched in the air and moved behind. Mallika looked at Sumedh helplessly. Sumedh nod his head and assured her that he will take care of everything.

Sumedh and the other forensic officers were collecting shreds of evidence of the murder. Just then, Sumedh noticed a piece of short hair that belongs to a man. His eyes immediately shifted towards Sudheer. Sumedh collected it and gave it to the forensic officer to pass to his lab. Other than that, they found a few fingerprints on late Pranali's spectacles. Sumedh took the sample of the suspect's fingerprints including Sudheer, Mallika, and Aura.

Approximately an hour later, the report of the forensic was received and it says that the fingerprint and the hair DNA belong to Sudheer.

"I'm right! You're the killer! File a case and arrest him immediately. I don't want Aura to be in danger because of him!" Mallika broke into tears.

"What the hell are you talking about? She's my daughter, I will never hurt her!" He said.

"Calm down, Mallika, we can't just file a case on someone without further investigation. But I'll keep him under my custody! And you, Mr. Sudheer. If it's true you wouldn't hurt Aura, what was the reason for this wound on your shoulder?"

"Huh? I... I was involved in an accident. Wait, but why is this even related here?"

"Well, for your information, whether you know or not, yesterday, someone tried to kidnap Aura. Unable to reach the criminal, I cause injuries to that person's shoulder. The exact right shoulder. So..."

"What? Aura was about to be kidnapped?" He rushed towards Aura but she moved away from him. She was very disappointed in her father. Tears pooled in Sudheer's eyes seeing his daughter's reaction. Suddenly, Sumedh's phone rang and he excused himself. It was Aakesh on the phone. He went out and came back with a letter.

"Mr. Sudheer Singh, you're under arrest, and here is the warrant," Sumedh said while fixing the handcuff. Sudheer tried to oppose but some other constables came and dragged him out.

"I don't think it's safe for both of you to live here anymore. I suggest you stay at my house at the moment." Aurika agreed.

************