5. Happy Birthday Aura's Miku!

Five days later...

Ten more minutes left for Mallika's birthday. She was drawing a portrait of Pallavi for Aura, who was sleeping on her lap. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the window. A chill ran down her spine.

"What if this is the murderer? I should save Aura in any case!" Mallika thought. The knock was getting frequent. She softly carried Aura and hide her in the wardrobe. She closes the door and gathered the courage in her to open the window. Before that, she took the chili powder that she kept in her room as Sumedh advised her to keep such things in her room to get rid of any dangerous situation.

Mallika thought of making the killer caught and informing Sumedh. As soon as she opened the window, Mallika blew the chili powder on the person's face in the opposite.

"Ahhhhhh!" He groaned and that he is none other than Sumedh himself.

"Oh no..I..I'm sorry!" Mallika tried to wipe his face, but it only makes it even worse.

"Sumedh, come in...hold my hand!" Mallika lends her right hand to Sumedh. Whereas, she supported his back with her other hand. Somehow she managed to bring him inside even though Sumedh can't open his eyes. She slowly brought him to the washroom to wash his face and relieve him from the irritation. At one point, Mallika's light-weighted and petite body can't bear his muscular and heavy body. She tried her best to not fall and make him fall, however, she failed as Sumedh stumbled and put his whole body weight on her. They both lose their balance and fall into the bathtub. Mallika was on top of Sumedh whose face was fully immersed in the water. Mallika just froze on his chest whereas Sumedh was struggling to get rid of the irritation in his nose and eyes. After some time, as the water purifies Sumedh's eyes, he was able to open his eyes. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw Mallika leaning on his chest. Only then did he realize in which state they both were. He immediately apologized to her and helped each other to get out of the water. The bathroom floor was wet with the water that was dripping from the hair and wet clothes. Sumedh's legs weren't standing on the floor. He didn't wish to look in her eyes. His hands were ruffling his curls. What to call it? Embarrassment? Shy? Guilt? It's whatever that makes sense for what has happened.

"I'm sorry... " They both said in unison. " It's my mistake..." They cross-talked again. " I should have..." Sumedh huffed.

"You say first!" He said.

"No, you say first" Mallika opposed.

"Nah, ladies first!"

"Fine! I'm sorry for throwing the chili powder at you. I didn't mean to. I thought it was the killer... I wanted to call you after trapping him, but I didn't know it was you!"

"Of course, you didn't" Sumedh smiled.

"By the way, what brought you here at this time?" Mallika asked.

"You? I mean... One second please!" He said and went to the window to pick up something that he left down.

"What is ... " Mallika's jaw dropped as she saw a candle standing on a chocolate cake. It's not that she is happy about it but she loves the feeling that Sumedh brought to her.

"Many more happy returns of the day Mallica... what's your surname again?... Got it... Mallika Singh, also known as Aura's Miku!" Sumedh said with a bright smile, however, Mallika replied to him with a warm and fake smile. He understood her state and make her sit on the bed.

"I know that you're not in the mood to celebrate your birthday, nor do your family members feel
that. However, it's one of your special birthday hainna? 18th birthday of yours it is. Even if it's not for you, you should give a chance Aura to feel happy! By the way, where's Aura?"

"Oh hell, she's in the cupboard!" Mallika slapped her forehead,

"What?" Sumedh got up with a jolt and opened the door. Thankfully, she wasn't suffocating but sleeping. We slowly took her in his arm, but she got up with a jerk as Sumedh's cold clothes brings a chill down her spine. Aura smiled a little and greeted him.

"Oh, hi Sumedh uncle!" Sumedh's smile after seeing her slowly faded away.

"Am I not Maggie uncle of yours?" Sumedh asked in slight pain. Aura stayed silent. He can see how much Aura misses her mother in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Aura!" He mumbled but Aura heard it. "Why are you saying sorry, uncle?"

"Huh? Well, it's because I delayed the message of your mother to you?"

"What? Did you get a message from Maa? But dadi said she's in heaven now, how did you get there?"

" No, I didn't go there but my mom is also there! She told me!" Sumedh said softly dropping her on the bed."

"Can I talk to my mumma too?" Aura asked with tear-filled eyes.

"I'm sorry but to talk to our parents in heaven, you need to be at least 21 years old. But, I can tell you what your mumma wants to tell you if you want!"

"Please tell na Maggie uncle"

"Well, she said that she's absolutely sad. She feels that you don't feel happy for her! "

"Why?"

"Because she's with god, which is a good thing, but here everyone is crying and being sad instead of being happy for her! She said, she will only be happy if Aura is happy and... "

"And..?" Aura asked impatiently

"And if Mallika celebrates her 18th birthday happily with you!" Sumedh glanced at Mallika from the edge of his eyes.

"Mumma's happiness is important for me! See! I'm smiling" Aura grinned. "And Miku will celebrate her birthday! By the way, happy birthday Miku" Aura jumped on Mallika. Somehow, Sumedh managed to distract Aura from her sadness. Aura's excitement knows no bounds when she saw the chocolate cake topped with candy flakes and strawberries.

Sumedh lit up the candle. Aura and Sumedh sang her the birthday song as She wishes for something before blowing the candle.

"I wish my family members who are dead, souls rest in peace and I also wish Sumedh to be with me and Aura forever!" Then, she cut the cake and fed it to Sumedh and Aura.

"I wish to give my bua a gift" Aura said.

"What is Aura?"

To be continued...

I know I'm late but I can't help. My apologizes for that, but don't forget to

VOTE✅️
COMMENT✅️
SHARE❤️