4. Task Two Completed

"Miku, what is your opinion on Maggie uncle?" Aura asked Mallika while playing with her teddy bears.

"Unromantic!" Mallika said while applying lip tint on her pinkish lips to make them look more reddish.

"You know what's my opinion? Psychopath!" Aura said.

"Why would you say that Aura?" Mallika was shocked.

"Why did you call him unromantic?"

"Because he is an unromantic guy!"

"Proof?" Aura said while gesturing her hand as a 'give me'. Mallika immediately crawled onto the bed and sat on the opposite side of Aura.

"In movies, when the heroine is about to fall, what will the hero do? He either holds her by her waist or leaves it to fate and lets her fall on him, creating a romantic scenario. But what did he do? He stepped aside and even let me fall!" Mallika rolled her eyes.

"Maybe, he did that because you're a stranger. It's wrong for a stranger boy to touch a stranger girl hainna?" Aura asked.

"Right, but he didn't touch me with bad intention. He needs to help me. Plus, everyone was a stranger before they get to know each other!"

"By the way, why are you so concerned that he is unromantic? As if he's your boyfriend!" Aura smirked.

"What, no! Uhm Yaa, he's not my boyfriend, and I'm not even concerned about him!"

"Really? But I saw someone was adoring someone else, thorough out the journey on the jeep!"

"Uhm, it was nothing... I.. forgot to put on the blush!" Mallika gave an excuse and get off the bed.

"You don't need an artificial one!" Aura roasted Mallika as much as possible.

To divert Aura's mind, Mallika cross-questioned her.

"By the way, why did you call him a psychopath?"

"Did you see his house? How freaking clean and tidy it is! Which boy would keep it that way? Only too, it either should be a mafia or a psychopath. He's police, so the mafia is out! Thus, he is a police psychopath. Plus, who studies so much? He knows so much information. Very much. So much than what I know about The Barbies!"

Mallika chuckled and was relieved that Aura meant it the other way around and not negatively.

"Alright Aura, let's sleep!" Mallika said.

"Sleep? I thought you were going somewhere!"

"Why so?"

"Because you wore make-up!" Aura said pointing at her bua's face.

"Ooh! That's because what if some handsome hunk comes into my dream and proposes to me? I need to look pretty hainna?" Mallika winked.

"Oh! I know who would it be! A man with greenish-grey eyes, Maggie curls, wears a khaki shirt. I'm sure he prefers ice cream over make-up on your face, Miku!"

"You little rat!!!" Mallika tickled Aura on her belly which she responded with a peal of loud and happy laughter. Mallika blushed unnecessarily thinking about Sumedh. She hasn't developed any feelings for him but he attracted her in their first meet itself.

**************

"Mallika's birthday is in another week. I know, it's hard for us to celebrate her birthday as Nivedita is no more. But Mallika is 18 this year and it's very special. We should make this year of hers unforgettable. Let's put aside all the grief and put a smile on Mallika's face." Sudheer was saying this to Pallavi in her room, which Mallika overheard. Mallika was about to deny this, but she thought that everyone else too need to be happy. She hopes that her birthday celebration could put a smile on their face. Thus, she pretended she knows nothing but felt so loved by her brother, sister-in-law, and parents. She went back to her room after a wake-up call from her bladder. She slept next to Aura who was sleeping peacefully like a doll.