3

Gabi

"Pssst,"

I jumped, Michael putting his hand below my head before I smashed it on the desk.

"Sorry,"

"How did I sleep again?" I groaned.

"Are you on your period?"

"Yes,"

"And have you been eating enough?"

"No,"

"And have you been sleeping at all in the night?"

"Meh,"

"Then there is your answer. What's this?"

"My maths homework;"

"Due in last week huh?"

"How did you know?"

"Says at the top," he pointed, "Do you know how to do it?"

"Yeah, but you can help,"

"If you promise to look after yourself better,"

"Mmmmmm,"

"Gabi," he warned.

"I just woke up,"

"Come on,"

Michael was always so obsessed with my health despite his job revolving around babies. Calum was the one whose job was about kidneys, though I supposed he was even more obsessive over me.

And Ashton was a brain surgeon which was so fucking cool, and if I didn't have shaking hands or cramps, I would love it as a job. He was always chill.

Mike actually helped me do my homework fast, then he pulled me off my chair and spun me around, catching me after as I stumbled.

"Is she awake?" Dad called up.

"She is awake!"

"Tea is just about ready darling, how are you feeling? How was school?"

He met me at the bottom of the stairs and hugged me, kissing the top of my head.

"It was okay. I feel okay,"

"I just spun her;"

"That's her dizzy for the rest of the night," Calum added, also kissing my head as he shuffled past us.

"No,"

"How come Maddox didn't come?"

"She doesn't need to anymore,"

"You are allowed friends over without a purpose. Does this mean you will join us for games?"

"Maybe,"

"It will be fun,"

"I'll make the teams uneven,"

"Your dad isn't that useful anyway," Ashton said, "You can join us,"

"I'm tired,"

"How have you been sleeping?"

"She hasn't, Cal," Michael said, opening the oven, "Shit, whose was whose?"

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Why are you being a doctor off shift? You're not even my doctor on shift,"

"I basically am,"

"No you're not. Can everyone stop asking me questions?"

"It's her period," Michael whispered, earning a whack with the tea towel.