Tere Liye ~|OS-7|

-Main leads are Shaheer Sheikh and Pooja Sharma

Musical OS

*************************

The walls of the room were dull but were enough to tell the stories of the ones who once lived there like those plain and beige painted walls, which had turned old but still breathing, maintaining the very structure of the building.

And like the same any other day, where nothing feels active, a melody coated in the sugar syrup synchronized into the melodious voice was mixing in the environment like a bird chirruping in its euphonious voice while perching.

An old man in his late 60s, having a wrinkled but flawlessly attractive face with shrunken but sparkling orbs, appeared in the room where his lifeline was. He was singing the lines while holding a delicious-looking cake in one hand.

"Happy wedding anniversary…  Happy wedding anniversary."

He wished and kissed his wife's forehead, leaving behind a damp imprint of his lips, "Happy wedding anniversary my dear."

Fluttering her eyes open which she had closed while feeling his loving gesture, she asked in a little shaky tone, "Kunal, why this?!"

He answered her not-so-good question, sitting down beside her, "Why not love?... This is our special day and we have all the right to celebrate it how we wish to."

"Hmmm…" Turning her face straight away from him, she just hummed in the response.

"What?! Thinking about how I arranged this. Umm… Well, this is from my pension. Never mind."

"Kunal!" Gasping at his remark, her eyes welled up in an unknown pain as a lone tear escaped from her right eye.

Wiping the drop of her tear away from her red flushed cheek, his own heart burnt in the flames of helplessness while peeping at her eyes which held nothing except misery, he uttered, "Not now Shreya, let me click this beautiful day in my memory so I could take this along to my deathbed."

"No, don't say that. Please." Her eyes were red now, signalling all the way that they couldn't hold much more pain in this life now.

"This is the very truth, my dear. We can't run away from it. But if you don't want to hear then I won't say." His lips curved upwards as he took her in his arms, pervading with warmth, affection, and love.

Tere Liye Hum Hain Jiye, Honthon Ko Siye
Tere Liye Hum Hain Jiye, Har Aansoo Piye
Dil Mein Magar Jalte Rahe, Chaahat Ke Diye
Tere Liye, Tere Liye…

Tere Liye Hum Hain Jiye, Har Aansoo Piye
Tere Liye…

Remaining the same in the condition for a few minutes, they parted away from each other.

"How good it would feel if we were with our children." Shreya spoke up all of a sudden.

"Hmm…" sighing heavily, he shut his eyes as some unforgettable memories began to play games in their mind.

~Flashback starts~

A young fifteen-year-old teenage girl directed her mother as she had been blindfolded for the most anticipated surprise, "Mom, walk this side… Yeah, perfect!"

"Can I now open this?" her mother inquired as the curiosity and excitement were bubbling up inside her stomach at the same time.

Guiding her mom to the main hall, she asserted, "Yes Mom, now you can."