Getting The News

I didn't really think that my life would unsuspectedly turn upside down so suddenly and in the worst way possible. I had a normal life, well as normal for me that is. A japanese mother and an american father; cool right? I kind of get the best of both worlds. Anyway, I was just at school on a Tuesday when the principle came bursting into the classroom, hair wild and eyes sweeping the room wildly. Once they settled on me, the sorrow I saw there made me have this foreboding sensation.

"Miss Zakuro?" the middle aged lady pointed at me, making me hesitantly nod my head. "Please, gather your things and follow me quickly!"

I did as she told me and briskly followed her hurried steps to her office. Once I was inside, she motioned me to sit down on one of her plush chairs. I sat and gave her a confused look.

"What is this about?"

"I have received a call from your mother! Your father....he has been killed in an accident 20 minutes ago. He was rushed to the hospital, but he passed away in the ambulance. I am very sorry for your loss!"

Since that day, things were never the same. We gave my dad a funeral and for two months I had to attend school like nothing happened. I would have stayed home to comfort my mom, but she insisted that she was alright and that my education was important. I did what she said, not wanting to upset here and life went on.

Except when another incident happened, making us move to Japan.