Ve hep uykuya dalmadan düşündüm geceleri

And I always think at night before I sleep

Provocations aside, the seed of doubt was successfully planted in the komiser's head, so when Eren walked past his office with the file Ceylin had requested, Ilgaz hurried to his feet and called to him.

- Eren... come over here, please.

- I'm just going to take this to polis Ceylin and I'll be right here... – with an unfriendly tug, Ilgaz ushered Eren into his office and closed the door.

- I can't wait, I need to see this record, come in here... – taking the file from the investigator's hands, he began to analyze the information, not knowing exactly what he was looking for.

What did Ceylin want to know using that?

The inmates visited were small fish: two pickpockets, a bakery thief, a few kids who were caught selling drugs outside the university... no one relevant enough and most released on the same day or transferred to prison during the week. Could his intuition be wrong? The officer had seemed so suspicious when she didn't justify herself about that file... but she could also have asked for the record just to provoke him, which wouldn't be so impossible: Ceylin had made the first day's faux pas a recurrent topic between them.

- Did you find what you were looking for, Sayın Komiser? – slightly annoyed by Ilgaz's outburst, Eren wanted to get rid of that burden before Ceylin appeared behind him and found Ilgaz snooping around her work. The investigator knew that they would end up grappling with each other at the station at any moment, but he suspected that it wouldn't be the bad way.

- I didn't find anything else... do you know why she needs the data from these idiots? – Eren made a sweeping gesture of one who had no idea.

- Anything Metin Bey asked for? Test our bureaucracy? Have a control over who attends the police station? I don't know, abi. – handing the folder to Eren, Ilgaz ended up backing down at the last second. – Ah ah, abi! Uff!

- Sure! Of course I am an idiot! – the komiser turned the pages over again, taking pictures of some parts. – I looked in the list about the prisoners, but I didn't understand their relevance... – then Eren saw that the situation was going to get worse quickly: Ceylin was coming down the hall, spotting them together in the commissioner's office.

- Abi, lütfen, give me this before she enters! – closing the file hastily, it was very close that Ceylin did not catch them in the act.

- Erencım, did you get what you promised me? – she looked from one to the other, full of suspicion, and Ilgaz kept his expression neutral, though he burned inside.

- I was already taking it to you, canım, I just needed to solve some last minute issues.

- It's impressive how last minute questions appear in Komiser Kaya's office. – she raised a saucy eyebrow and Ilgaz wanted to bite her. The movement was irritating and sexy, but it turned on the wrong alerts in him.

- How could that not be possible then, canım? Komiser Kaya is a very much in demand man. Hadi, here's your record. Hope you put it to good use.

- Sağol. – she didn't want to say anything, but the suspicion was stronger. – You guys seem pretty weird today, Komiser Kaya more than usual. – Ilgaz clicked his tongue at the same time as Eren, which made her laugh. – Neyse, hadi bye bye.

- Bye... – Eren then turned to his friend, still complaining. – Abi, that way you weaken our friendship! – Ilgaz would have laughed if he hadn't been looking at the document's photos to confirm his suspicions.

- You give a lot of importance to this woman. – "It's not possible, how...?"

- I can't afford to piss off the boss's niece, Ilgaz.