Suyun kumsala vurması gibi

Like water hitting the shore

It was a shed in the middle of nowhere, outside Istanbul. Contrary to what the police team thought, Metin had returned with Ceylin, in another vehicle, stolen from some unfortunate man who didn't have time to beg for his life. And the plan was terribly simple: hand over his niece in exchange for the escape. With the money he had received and the contacts he had at the border, Metin just didn't want to be arrested. That his corrupt past came to light and tarnished his reputation as chief of police, he didn't give a damn. He hadn't cared for years. Ilgaz knew where the shed was, he had already deactivated it as a drug sales point once at his behest, but getting there without Eren seemed like a more difficult mission.

- Come down. – Ilgaz said, at one point, spotting a support vehicle on the border between Bursa and Istanbul. Eren scowled, shaking his head. – Come down! Hemen! – opening the door for the investigator, Ilgaz was determined.

- I can't let you do this alone, abi, lütfen... don't do this to me... – being pushed out of the car, Eren pleaded. – Yapma yaa...

- Don't interfere, Eren! It's an order! – screeching the tires, Ilgaz backed up, heading back. He didn't hear his friend say, "Olur, Sayın Komiser" with his heart in hand.

He took longer, eluding the cops on his trail, certain that Eren would give the warning. He knew his friend had the best of intentions, but he didn't have the time or patience to wait for backup and set up a lookout the right way: Ceylin was hurt, alone with a madman, and he was suffering from worry and uncertainty. Would Metin do something against her?

"Asla. Asla!"

~*~

By the time he reached the shed, it was getting dark and the police were running like dizzy cockroaches after them, but Metin seemed calm by a burning dumpster: he warmed his hands and watched Ceylin, gagged at his feet. The image filled Ilgaz with revolt. As a man, how could an uncle and godfather do that to his blood? As a police commissioner, how could the chief have gone down so badly?

- Don't look at me like that, as if you were a saint and martyr of justice. – the ex-boss spat on the ground, with contempt.

- How should I look at what you've become? With the admiration and respect dued to you? There is no such thing anymore. You are the scum of what you should fight. – Metin shrugged, as if he didn't care, but Ilgaz's words hurt where they should have.

- Life gives us choices that we think we'll never accept, until necessity forces it, Ilgaz. One hour will be your turn. – the commissioner shook his head, denying it.

- Asla! Between life's choices and error, there is moral, honor. You got lost. What did you want with me here? Why are you doing this to your niece? – Ceylin thrashed about, furious that she couldn't yell at her uncle and the commissioner. There was still resentment in her over the mess with Ilgaz, but her anger at her godfather was greater. And, strangely, knowing the commissioner was there took away her fear and left only the struggle inside her.

- The money and the car. This idiot was just to get you this far. – Metin held out his hand, as if Ilgaz would meekly hand over the car keys. The chief's cynical laughter sparked the war.

- Only over my dead body! – pulling their weapons towards each other, they measured themselves. Metin with nothing left to lose, Ilgaz still scared for Ceylin. – There is no way out for you, put that weapon down and surrender...

- Boy, don't test my patience... – taking a careless shoot at Ceylin's feet, Metin showed he was serious and Ilgaz lost the rest of his patience, shooting at a point close to him too. After a lot of writhing, Ceylin managed to get rid of the gag and tried to free her hands, with some success.

- Bırak! Yeterli! YETERLI! – the distraction her screams caused made Ilgaz throw himself on top of Metin, and the collision sent the commissioner's gun flying far. In the struggle for the remaining weapon, Ceylin put her foot between them, and they went rolling over each other, trading insults and grunting. In despair, she crawled to Ilgaz fallen gun, scrambling to her feet, and pressed the barrel to the back of her uncle's neck. – It's over, amca.

- You don't have that courage... – she laughed, almost hysterical. He'd kidnapped, bound, gagged and terrorized her all day, and wouldn't she have the courage?

- Why not? I stopped being your blood and being useful in your eyes... – but before her uncle could answer, the gun between him and Ilgaz shoot off and she screamed. The commissioner's eyes widened and they both slumped inertly, and blood flowed between them, like river arms soaking the ground.

 The commissioner's eyes widened and they both slumped inertly, and blood flowed between them, like river arms soaking the ground

(did you miss me? I went back to work :') )

hepinize öpücükler