~Chapter 4: A New Team?~

Since it didn't show up in the last chapter, here is what Jayden looks like:

Sorry if you can't read my handwriting. It's not very neat when I'm not using cursive.

~💛🤎🖤~

You sat beside Uzi in the landing pod, playing 'Deltarune' on your Nintendo Switch. Uzi was investigating each control in the pod, trying to figure out how to fix it.

Uzi pressed a button, making the pod suddenly rattle and shake up, making you both yelp.

She smashed her finger down on the button again, making it stop.

"How the heck did that happen!?!?" You asked, picking up your gaming console, of which had fallen in the process.

"I don't know-" Uzi replied. "But I'll try to find out."

Suddenly, a loud snap was heard outside. You and Uzi looked at each other. 

"Could that be N? Maybe even V?" Uzi pondered. "Let me check." You responded.

You got up, and looked out of the dark window. You saw the shadow of a figure with puffy hair.

"Maybe it is N." You said.

But then, the figure stepped in to the light. He started frantically looking around him, shaken by his surroundings.

You instantly recognised him, and groaned.

"It's the weirdo that tried to get V's info!!!" You growled.

"What? Jayden is here?" Uzi quickly picked up her blaster.

You and Uzi stood beside the door, preparing to make your entrance to frighten him.

"Alright..." you said. "On the count of three, we bust through the door as if we're the FBI."

"Got it." Uzi smirked.

"1....2.....3!!!!"

Uzi kicked down the door harshly, and shouted; "Stop right there!!!"

Jayden jumped out of fright. He glanced over at you and Uzi, and instantly realised who you both were.

"Oh, shit! Oh, shit!!!" He cussed.

"Why are you here, Jayden!?!?" Uzi asked.

"I-I might have followed you last night, and remembered where you went..." he replied. "I just....."

"You wanted to see V." You rolled your eyes and scowled.

Jayden looked down at the floor. "W-well... yes, actually..."

"V!!!" You called out your sister's name. 

She crawled out of a hole in the wall. "What do you want, (Y/N)!?!?" 

"That weirdo that flirted with you yesterday is here." You told her.

V looked over at Jayden. Instantaneously, she blushed. "O-oh...."

"Heyyy, V~" he winked. Once again, you rolled your eyes.

V giggled. "Hey, Jayden."

"I'm here too!!!" N's voice complained quite suddenly. You looked over at his direction, and smiled.

"N!!! There you are! Finally, someone's here to save me from this sloppy crap." You exclaimed. Uzi just laughed.

N shrugged. "Love is a beautiful thing, (Y/N)." He said.

"It's something that they want to share with you, N." V teased. You gave her a death glare. She laughed at your reaction.

"Haven't you noticed by now, N? They have a cru-"

"SHUT UP, VANESSA!!!" You screeched. 

Then you realised.

You had just called her by her human name.

You clapped your hand over your mouth, as everyone stared at you in confusion.

"Why'd you call her.... Vanessa?" Jayden asked.

"No reason! I just......y'know, V and Vanessa both begin with the same letter!" You lied.

V was looking at you in pure disbelief. When you tried to look away, she didn't, making you feel uncomfortable.

N realised how awkward the moment was getting. He took a glance at Jayden, and made a necessary question.

"Is he a new member of the team?" N pointed at Jayden. Jayden gave a look of confusion. "Your team...?"

"No he isn't!!!" You frowned. You didn't want to be on a team with THAT guy, all he wanted to do was flirt with your own sister!

"Actually," V interrupted. "I think he should be on the team."

Jayden smirked. "Heh. You want me on your team, eh, doll face?"

V looked away, blushing again.

"If you insist," Jayden confided. "I can be on your little team."

"Really? That's awesome! The more the better!" N exclaimed. "Besides, I've never been on a team with another guy before!"

You turned to face him. "Are you assuming that I'm not male?"

(non-binary problems. I feel you, (Y/N))

"You must be popular with the non-males, then." Jayden looked over at you. You made a slitting throat action, telling him to be quiet.

"But...!" You complained.

"Shhh, buts are for sitting, (Y/N)." Jayden told you. "You can't make any excuses."

"He's not a disassembly drone!" You complained.

"Neither is Uzi." V scoffed. "You want her on the team, right?"

"Well, yes! That's because Uzi is awesome and great company! This guy isn't!" You pointed at Jayden accusingly.

"Aww, c'mon, you can't make assumptions like that! You barely know him!" V stood up.

"Neither do you, yet you have a thing for him!"

Your sentence silenced V. It also silenced everyone else.

The silence was so quiet, that all you could hear were the crickets outside.

"Fine. Jayden can be on the 'team'." You frowned, crossing your arms. "But he's gonna have to prove himself worthy!"

"Alright, alright! I will!" Jayden chuckled, raising his arms in defence.

"Alright!" Uzi said, breaking the awkward tension. "Let's work as a team, starting now!!!"

"Yeah!!!" N punched the air in excitement. This got Jayden and V hyped, making them cheer and laugh.

You managed to make out a small smile. 'Maybe, this might work out after all...' you thought to yourself.

~💛🤎🖤~