~Chapter 8: Heartbeat~

~💛🤎🖤~

N made his landing. He was carrying Thad on his flight, and wasn't being too careful with the 'conventionally attractive' male when he landed. Thad ended up falling to the floor, whilst N stood proudly with his hands on his hips. Thad sat up, looking up at the disassembly drone.

"Nice journey, right? Lucky for me, you weren't that heavy." N exclaimed.

"Yeah...just maybe watch where you're dropping me next time." Thad groaned.

(Y/N) followed soon after, carrying Uzi bridal style. They landed, and gently placed her down.

"Like that." Thad said.

"What the fuck are you doing on the floor, dude? Get up." Uzi walked over to him, offering him her hand. He accepted, and with her help, he stood up.

Uzi stared at him awkwardly for a few seconds, before pulling away from his hand and clearing her throat, looking away.

(Y/N) and N nudged each other, snickering silently.

The big doors opened a bit, revealing the face of an unfamiliar worker drone. They immediately noticed Thad.

"Welcome back, Thad!" they then noticed Uzi. "Hey, wait...isn't she grounded or something?"

"ugh, BANISHED. Has my dad been saying I'm GROUNDED?" Uzi groaned.

"...genocide robot? The other one?" They said.

(Y/N) glared at them, as Thad and Uzi looked up at N. He then realised what they meant, and pressed his fingertips together in guilt.

He walked closer to the door, and handed the worker drone a slip of paper. They took it from him, examining it. It had small, colourful doodles on it, and it was folded. They opened it up, reading the words "I'm sorry" with a drawing of a sad looking N and what they assumed to be a dead body.

"Oh, alright, just don't do it again!" They smiled. "Get in here, ya goobs!!"

And so, thanks to N's adorable little gesture, they all gained entry.

(Y/N) punched his arm lightly in a friendly manner. "It worked!! Good job, buddy!!"

N laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "Thanks, (Y/N)."

~💛🤎🖤~

Various worker drones were investigating within the area. It was taped off, and photos were being taken of remains of other worker drones.

"yeah, where's Khan? Cuz this looks...uh...non-ideal-"

"Parent-teacher conference? Something about his DAUGHTER being MORE IMPORTANT than building a door in this hallway...UGH, kinda cringe..."

"Ew, yeah-"

Uzi grimaced in frustration. "Bastards..."

"You good, Uzi?" (Y/N) asked her, glancing down at her.

"I'm good. Stop asking." Uzi replied, pushing them to the side. "Alright, alright, just checking-"

She started making hand signals. Thad, (Y/N) and N figured that she was trying to tell them to follow her, and so they obliged.

"Any forensic things over there? Don't we have fingerprints?"

They didn't receive an answer.