Chapter Four: Burrow

When I arrived at the Burrow, Ron was there to greet me.

          "Ivy! I've been waiting all day!" he exclaimed and pulled me into a hug.

          His siblings were coming downstairs and Mrs. Weasley was coming from the kitchen. Mr. Weasley was reading the Daily Prophet on the couch behind Ron. They were all caught off guard by my new appearance. I was wearing a short sleeve black blouse with a green pleated skirt so my arms were exposed.

          "Bloody hell, Ivy! You got a tattoo?!" Ron nearly shouted.

          "Never mind the tattoo, look at her hair!" Ginny exclaimed.

          I was trying to hide my teeth behind a forced closed smile and hands but the twins were pulling them down. Once I started to laugh, everyone stared at my teeth. Calming down, I stuck out my tongue and flicked the split tips and began laughing again at everyone's reaction. The twins were hysterical.

          "Ivy! What in heavens did the Malfoys do to you?" Mrs. Weasley asked over everyone's laughter.

          "Why, nothing really. I did this to myself," I said proudly.

         "Ivy, what kind of magic is this?" Mr. Weasley finally asked.

          Everyone got quiet from his stern tone of voice. He folded the paper shut and crossed his leg over his knee where his ankle rested. Holding the paper in his hands, he had a serious look in his eyes that reminded me of Mr. Malfoy. I had forgotten the complications of magic.

          "Sir, I assure you this isn't dark magic. I wouldn't risk your position in the Ministry by bringing such problems into your home. Please, I assure you that I mean no ill intention and I don't want to cause any problems for you," I said politely but firmly.

          He tapped his finger on the paper for a moment, "Very well. I would like to hear how this all happened. I'm sure the family would like to know as well."

          "Of course, sir. I need to retrieve the books that I learned this from, if you don't mind," I said.

         Mr. Weasley was finally returning to his relaxed state, "So sorry! You don't need to call me sir, however I appreciate your understanding of my position. How about after dinner we can discuss your past week? My oldest sons, Bill and Charlie will be joining us and Percy will be off of work as well."

          I smiled and nodded. Ginny, Ron, and the twins ran up the stairs with me to Ginny's room. For now, I was going to be sharing a room with her. Salem had difficulty perching on my shoulder with my long hair and walked behind all of us. Ginny brushed my long hair while I went through my trunk for my books.

          "Love, show us your tongue again!" the twins said.

          I stuck out my tongue and flicked the tips while I read through the books. They laughed wild'y and examined it while I was reading. Luckily, I left sheets of paper with notes on them when I first went through the books last week. The books I brought out were for the ancient magic and Animagus familiars. The twins opened my mouth to examine my short fangs. It did not resemble vampire fangs at all and truly did look like snake fangs, albeit short snake fangs. I didn't mind at all and put away my books with one hand. Ron was busy tracing my tattoo on my other arm and was amazed that it was real. Once Ginny was done brushing my long hair, we went downstairs and we were surprised it was nearly time for dinner.