i

I am currently heading home when I heard my phone beep indicating a new message has arrived.

I frowned when I read it and hurriedly went to the pharmacy to buy medicine.

I shook my head as I smiled to my phone when she acted sweet suddenly. I swear hormones do make you do cringy things.

Holding my books with another hand, I giddily reacted ❤️ to the reply this person has sent me.

I'm coming over?

Okay! I'll wait babe. 😘

No. She's not my girlfriend. We're just... best friends.

Are we flirting? Still no. It was just our normal conversation in a normal day for the both of us.

We have been calling each other with sweet endearments since the beginning of our friendship which was by the way, 3 months ago, two months after the start of the first semester when we were still classmates in Biology.

We're freshmen here in the University of Auckland, so we were eager to meet new friends.

As lucky as I am, I met her, the It Girl of our batch, one of the prettiest in the university, the Queen, Jennie Kim.

I know it's hard to believe because I am just a nerdy awkward somewhat aloof girl who looks like a trash. Why? I don't know anything about fashion so let's not talk about it.

As you can see, we are so different. Even our courses speak for us. She's taking Arts while I am in Medicine. However, we became friends because of our playful replies to each other's tweets.

It was so natural that we found ourselves one day, in a café where she started to share how her ex girlfriend left her for the former's ex. Good thing I didn't know who her ex is or else I'll curse that name as much as, if not more than, Jennie did. I can't believe such an ungrateful human being can do that horrible thing to this amazing person.

Since that day, we became closer each day that she started to get clingy. I don't mind because I myself is a clingy person.

Then about our endearment, it started when she mistakenly called me "baby" at our class gc in the messenger. Why? I really don't know because I didn't ask her. We joked about it everyday that we eventually got used to it.

Also, because we were sweet to each other, our classmates thought we were dating but we always deny it because it's true that we're not.

When I arrived at their apartment's lobby, I greeted some familiar faces whom I saw in the university. This is however my first visit at her apartment.

And when I reached their hallway, I saw her waiting for me at their doorstep. She waved at me so I waved at her back.

When I reached her, she immediately hugged me tight, placing her face at the crook of my neck.

I can feel her lips on my neck and her warm breath on my skin. It's not like she's giving me love bites. She's just...kissing my neck, that's all. Friends do that, right?

"You good?" I ask because I heard her grunt a little.

"No. It hurts like hell." She whined.

"Why did you wait for me here? You could have just let me know your room number so you could just rest at your bed." I lightly pat her arm so she let go.

"But I want tooooo..." She cutely said then she puffed her cheeks.

I swear she did that because she knows that was my weakness.

And it did stop my nagging. You can't blame me, that was the cutest thing I've seen in my entire life.

So I just rolled my eyes at her and she laughed. She opened their door and let me in. And immediately, without a doubt, this is her place. It smells like her.

If I didn't tell you why I came here, it's because she's suffering from dysmenorrhea. In short, I'm here to baby sit this girl who's a year older than me.

"Did you eat? You look pale babe," I said as I lean against the kitchen island.

"No. I just woke up...again." She sat on the chair, facing me.

"Oh I see. That's why you didn't reply to my texts earlier."

You might be confused. We're not classmates anymore in any subject for this semester. So our schedules don't match now except for today because her prof is absent, so she's kind of lucky that her dysmenorrhea showed up when she has no classes.

"What do you have here?" I asked her again as I rummaged their kitchen cabinet. Oh, just an instant ramen.

"I was not able to do groceries last weekend so I think we only have ramen."

"Remind me again to bring something to eat the next time I'll be here, self." I mumbled.

I cooked the instant ramen and I let her eat it. She was able to finish half of it. Then I let her drink the meds I bought from the pharmacy earlier.

After I cleaned everything, I went to look for her. There she is, curled up in the couch, so I sat down next to her. But she pulled my arm and let me lay down next to her. Now, we're cuddling in this little space but we just fit perfectly. Maybe because her head is on my chest.

I am gently brushing her hair with my fingers because she likes it. We just enjoyed the silence and I wasn't aware I am slowly losing consciousness. The last thing I remembered was that something wet touched my cheek and a small thank you was whispered in my ear.

....