x

The first days were good. Constant texts, constant replies. But after the first week, everything has changed. She said she will miss me. I believed.

But I guess I was wrong. It's only me who has the separation anxiety all this time. She won't reply. She won't answer my calls. I tried to reflect on myself because maybe I just missed her so much and I was too clingy that's why I overthink. But no, that's not the case. So I convinced myself that maybe she's just busy catching up with her family and preparing for Christmas.

Christmas Eve came, I've texted her tons, saying I love her, I miss her, and greeting her Merry Christmas. But I only got a reply saying:

Merry Christmas too!

No endearments. No hearts. Just plain text. I didn't know why, but I didn't ask. Because again, maybe I was just overthinking.

New Year came. I didn't text nor call her two days prior to see if she will notice, or she will initiate a conversation like she used too. But I got nothing. Not even a single greeting. That's when I asked her if she's okay. But I just got a text saying:

I'm busy Lis. Let's talk later.

I sighed. I am becoming more upset as the days passed by. She's never been this cold towards me. Did I do something wrong? Was I too clingy? Was I too paranoid? Did I go overboard at not texting her for days?

I sighed again for nth time. To make myself entertained, I went to my IG. I was scrolling for I while now but then, I saw Jennie's recent post.

I frowned. Who is this?

When I saw the tagged account, everything went clear why it was so familiar. I rechecked the date because I don't want to think negatively. Because maybe I'm just tripping. But then I saw it was 4 days ago. I felt my tears forming in my eyes. I smiled bitterly.

No, it's not that I don't know why. Of course, I got the hint. I was just scared that, the moment I ask her, I'll lose her. Not now that I have invested everything I have in our relationship. Not now that I have given her my innocence. Not now that I loved her so much. Of course, I know why, but I still didn't asked.

Because I trusted her. I believed her. So I forced myself to... dismiss it as I close my eyes and let the tears go.

 dismiss it as I close my eyes and let the tears go

...