ii

I woke up when I felt someone's hands were under my shirt, touching my bare back. I almost panicked because aside from that, I saw nothing but darkness. But then, I smelled her scent. It was enough for me to calm down and recognize Jennie and that I'm safe.

She wasn't aware I'm awake yet and she kept wiping my back with cloth. That's when I realize, she is wiping my sweat.

It's dark because there's no light. It's hot because the air-condition was off. Oh, there must be a power shutdown.

She put the cloth away one second and laid beside me again. She continued to wipe the sweat in my forehead with her hand and I continued to pretend I'm still asleep.

I almost fell back to slumber because she has been brushing her fingers to my hair gently.

But when I felt her lips on my nose that's when I opened my eyes as my heart suddenly beats fast. I tried to calm my nerves.

Oh come on, it's not like it was the first time you were kissed by Jennie Kim, Lis.

"Hey," I cringed when my voice was hoarse.

"Hey," she replied while smiling. With the silhouette of the moon hitting her face, she looks so gorgeous that I almost forgot to breathe.

"Did I wake you up?" she continued.

I just shook my head and stretched. I must had a good sleep.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good now, baby. Thank you so much." She softly whispers before nestling her face on my neck.

"Anything for you," I softly whispered as I kissed her forehead.

After a few minutes, I rose up and went around and stopped by her window.

"What time is it?" I asked again.

"6:30," she answered as she copied me and went on my side.

"Are you leaving babe?" She asked when I started to fix my things.

I stopped what I'm doing when I remembered she's scared of dark. So I decided to stay until the power comes back or her roommate comes back.

"No, I'll stay here until Jisoo's back or the power's back, whichever comes first. Is that okay?"

She hummed and whispered a thank you as she hugged me again. This girl is really clingy to me.

No wonder, some girls and boys look at me with envy because it's almost impossible that this ugly nerd with thick glasses got THE Jennie Kim clinging at her and acting like a kid around her. I just shake my head at her.

"What would you do without me?" I joked while I gently pat her head.

"I won't be this happy." She answered seriously.

Then she dragged me again to the couch to lay back and cuddle with her. We talked about random things but fell silent one moment. It wasn't awkward, instead, we enjoyed that comfortable silence for a couple of minutes when she decided to break it.

"Baby..." she poked my cheek. I hummed.

"You really haven't dated even once?" I just hummed again. This is the first time we're gonna talk about my love life.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?" I laughed without humor. "Can't you see me?"

She suddenly hit my arm as she rose and towered me with her elbows supporting her small body. "Of course I see you! You are beautiful and kind. It's impossible no one has asked you out."

"Jennie Kim, your eyes may be the problem. Now come here again." I tried to end the conversation and make her cuddle with me again because I immediately missed her warmth.

"Oh come on Lalisa. I think YOUR eyes are the problem. Oh I forgot it's always been a problem." She said while squinting her eyes at me. But her eyes has that glint of... mischief.

I caught the slight humor there as I furrowed my eyebrows in fake anger.

"Oh you're mocking me now?" I sat up and started to corner her.

"N-no. But it's true. You can't even see the other end of the couch!" She pushed her mockery. I snickered.

"You're indeed mocking me?" I am now in front of her like a lion ready to devour the prey.

"Baby, n-no, I'm stating the truth."

That was my last straw. I tickle her til death. She was begging me to stop and we were laughing so hard.

We only stopped when the lights turned on and coincidentally, Jisoo, her roommate, came back.

"What happened here?" Jisoo asked eyeing us both.

"We're just having fun bestie." Jennie replied grinning at her best friend slash roommate.

I then realized I am straddling her. I quickly got up with cheeks burning of embarrassment. I awkwardly fixed my shirt and my hair because yeah, anyone who would witness us in this state would think we were making out or something. I cringed at that thought.

I am not really that close with Jisoo. I don't know why. Maybe because I am just awkward and she's kind of shy too?

"Hey, I have to go now." I said to Jennie while wearing my glasses which I didn't notice earlier I was not wearing anymore. Jennie must have removed it when I was asleep.

"Let me drive you home baby." She offered.

"No, I'll just take a cab. You should rest."

"But--"

"No buts. And it's not that late so I'll be fine. Okay?"

She huffed so I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

Jisoo suddenly cleared her throat. Jennie just raised an eyebrow at her and Jisoo gave her a smirk before walking to her room.

"Then let me walk you to the lobby at least," she said while fixing herself too. I just nodded to end the conversation.

And she did. After some hugs and kisses on the cheek, I went home.

...