-THIRTY. A talk

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30

『A talk』

❝Stop being so selfish, damnit!❞

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

    "MOTHER, FATHER, PLEASE have a seat." Kaito said as soon as his parents entered the living room.

He was sipping on some coffee while petting Shiro, who laid calmly in his lap. The couple saw that, and they were disgusted.

Curious about what he had to say, they sat down in front of him, "What is it that you need? Are you finally going to apologize?" Kenji stared at him.

    "Oh no, it's quite the opposite. I want you to answer my questions truthfully. First, why did you lock Shiro out of the house?"

    "Why should we answer? It's not like you can do anything to us, we're your parents!" Akira glared at him, making Kaito glare back.

    "Well, it doesn't seem like it." He smiled and continued, "So, why did you do it?"

Kenji sighed, "We don't want any dogs here. They can bring diseases and they are a pain to take care of."

    "Oh, but you don't even live here to begin with. I understand that I was wrong in taking a dog home without informing you first, but those excuses don't work on me. You moved out of this house when I was 13. Your excuse? 'We're too busy so we have to move closer to the hospital'. Also, I've taken Shiro to a veterinary already and there's nothing wrong with him."

Akira slammed her hand on the table, "Listen, Kai-chan," She started, making her voice sweeter than usual, as if she was talking to a little kid, "This is our house, and there's rules you have to follow. Why can't you just understand that? We work so much for you and you repay us like this!" She started crying again, reminding Kaito's of their last fight.

    "Mother, you don't work hard for us, you work hard for yourself." Kaito started, making his parents glare at him again, "The fact that you decided that your work is more important than your own family already tells enough. Where were you when Umi said her first word? When Tamaki learned how to bake? When Kouske acted as the prince in his school's play? You were at work."

Both of his parents became silent, making him smirk.

    "You made me take your responsibilities, and that's not okay. You are the ones who need to understand. And the worst part is that after days— months of not bothering to even contact us, you show up here and act like nothing happened!" He took two steps forward, "Just because you're our parents doesn't mean we're going to do anything you want us to do. I don't want that exchange program, I want to stay here with my loved ones."