67. Forgiveness

TW: Mention of suicide

"What do you want to talk about?" I was curious, at the same time I was sacred.

"It's not the right time to discuss this, however just letting you know that Yejin..." He trailed off and scooted closer. "I know that I've been a very bad parent, and there is no way I could have your apology or there is no way I can reverse the time. I'm not an ideal dad, I wasn't there for you when you need me but Yejin, from now onwards remember that I will be there for you, to catch you when you fall." He spoke, his hand caressing my head. I was too stunned to speak, never expected him to speak like that.

"Why- why so sudden? Please tell me." I asked.

"Another time Yejin. For now, I can only tell you that I understand what's happening with you. And no, once again I'm telling you this, I'm not disappointed in you. I understand. You don't have to explain yourself, why you did what. It's your life and choice, and I believe in my daughter that there is no way she can do what she's getting blamed for. I get it, and I'm there for you okay?" His hand wrapped around my shoulder and he gently gave me a side hug. Unknowing tears brimmed in the corner of my eyes. I didn't know if it was his words or hugging my dad after so long, maybe four years?

"Dad I-" I sniffed and choked on my tears.

"It's okay, it's okay to cry." He hushed and patted my back. I busted into tears while hugging him tightly. Something in yearned for so long, after mom's death he completely changed and we drifted apart, so close yet so far. And today, I finally hugged my dad, my old dad.

Maybe I'm a fool, I tend to forget how people treated me. I just simply forgot all the bad things they have done to me because what matters most to me is how they are treating me in present. Sure, I hate him, but at the same time deep in my heart, I love him so much. He has hurt me so much in past, very much but all those memories are blurred in front of this moment.

Yes, I'm a fool.

"Now feeling okay?" He asked, I didn't realize when I stopped crying.

"A little."

"A little is a big step." He said and wiped my tears. "Now rest for a while I order dinner."

"Can we just eat ramen?" I asked.

"Ramen? Sure I'll cook them, after eating sleep." I nodded and in return, he smiled.

These weeks aren't going too bad.

***

2 week later

"Take some charcoal powder and start making light strokes, just let your hands wander on the canvas. Once you start getting a basic outline, start making
darker parts, usually starting from eyes, then nose and lips. It's very easy, and the best part of the charcoal portrait is you can unleash your creativity however you want." Dad said while he took the smallest painting knife from his art box.
He had a small easel and canvas set up.