Chapter 4~ Lies and A New Friend

*Aria*

Tonight was fun until Kane said something about us living by ourselves and we had to go. I don't know why he said something. We had to move here because someone found out about it in our old town. It's not like it's bad we just don't like people knowing. If you're wondering what it is, it's this: Our parents had gone on a 2month cruise when I was 14. The cruise ship smashed into another cruise ship and both of the cruise ships sunk. Our parents were one of many people that had died. Kane was 2 and I was 14 when our parents died. I am now 17 and Kane is now 5. We have no family left and have been living by ourselves for about 3 years now. We aren't the greatest kids in the world, we have stolen stuff but all in all, we are doing well. I teach boxing and soccer to people who want to learn for a price of course, i'm good in school and i'm not a mean big sister. I've taught Kane lots of things, like how to play soccer, how to defend himself and how to cook mac and cheese and well lots of stuff. Our parents had left us some money. Enough to buy a house and all the appliances and to keep us healthy. There was about 2million for us in-case anything ever happened to them.

+++

I wake up to my screaming alarm. It's 5sos. It's the song She Looks So Perfect. I roll over and press snooze. Hey! I might have to look after a 5year old but I like my sleep. 5minutes later I hear my alarm scream again and Kane comes running in and smashes my phone with the pillow to shut it up. I move over and he slides in beside me. I guess we aren't going to school today. Or maybe not...

"I really don't want to miss my second day of big school but I don't know what to say to Benji" Kane says.

"Yeah I get what you mean. When I drop you off at school today I'll say something to him and you have to follow through with it. No saying anything about our past." I say as I stare at him awhile "Okay?" I ask.

"Okay" he answers. He gets out of bed and goes down stairs to have breakfast while I hop in the shower to get ready for school. I shampoo my hair twice and condition it once, hop out of the shower and towel dry my hair. I walk into my walk in closet and pull out one of my favourite outfits: A pink 'On Wednesdays we wear pink' sweater, a pair of ripped jeans, a 'you can't sit with us' necklace, black converse and my usual earrings. I add my usual make up to my outfit and style my hair in a high pony. I look at myself in the mirror and I am satisfied.

I walk downstairs and tell Kane to get dressed for school, he runs upstairs to his room and I hear the door slam. "Kane if your not ready in 15minutes you will miss your second day of big school!!!" I scream up the stairs as I hear him screaming and jumping around to Miley Cyrus's 'Adore you.' The music stops and I hear him rummaging around in his closet, I walk back to the kitchen and grab a cookies and cream poptart for breakfast. I grab a bag of skittles and a packet of oreos {I have an obsession with them} and twenty bucks to buy lunch for school. I do the dishes from Kane's breakfast, when I finish and I call out to Kane that we gotta go. "Kane get your arse downhere now or we will be late" I yell up the stairs.

He runs down the stairs in his untied converse with his backpack over one shoulder, I pick up my backpack just as Kane yells "off to Oby." I just shake my head at him and follow him to Oby. "Can we please listen to some David Guetta. Please!!!!" Kane begs.

I smile at him. "Sure" I say. I look through my phone to find some David Guetta as Kane is rolling down the windows. I connect my bluetooth to Oby and press onto Shot me down by David Guetta featuring Skylah Grey, it blares through the speakers as I reverse out of the driveway trying to think of a lie for Benji and Miles. The drive to the school is 10minutes, we turn up singing David Guetta's Play Hard featuring Ne-Yo & Akon. Many of the parents and kids look up at the blaring music Kane and I just smile and wave. "Smile and wave boys, smile and wave" I say quoting it from madagascar.