~CHAPTER TEN~

Mathews P.O.V

“Okay, nothing to see here. Step back everyone. Step back.” One of the hospital guards ordered the people surrounding us. “Lady, you push me one more time and I swear to god…” The other guard added and within 10 minutes the only people in the car park were Bella and I.

She had stopped crying now and was slowly pulling away from me. Her head was down and her hair covered most of her face but I could see the small blush coloring her cheeks. “I… I, uh… Thank you.” Her voice, god, her voice was soft and filled with so much emotion. “No need to thank me Bella, I promised I would protect you…”I slowly lifted my hand and placed a finger under her chin, lifting it until her eyes burned into mine. “I always keep me promises.”

We stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like hours and I wondered what she was searching for. If she didn’t believe me I would make it my life goal to prove it to her.

We stared for a couple more minutes before a weak smile broke onto her face and she lifted her hand to move her hair from her eyes. “It’s… It’s Jordan.” She spoke softly. “My name is Jordan.” I broke into a grin. The name suited her, I just couldn’t picture her with another. “Beautiful…” I whispered and her blush returned. “My name is Mathew. Listen, do you have any family or friends that I could call and speak to?” I asked.

Her smile faded. She looked down and shook her head. My stomach immediately dropped and my chest hurt. “I don’t have anyone…”She whispered. She was all alone with no one to take care of her. “Ah, shit” I said and her eyes shot to mine, already filled with un-shed tears. She pushed away my hands that were still placed on her waist and slowly tried to get up on her shaking legs. She was too weak and within seconds I was catching her and placing her in my lap before she hit the concrete. My arms went around her and the world seemed right again. She let out a giggle that was filled with so much emotion that it almost killed me. She shook her head

“It’s okay, I’m okay. I don’t mind being alone. Can… Can you just help me stand please? I need to get to the supermarket before it closes” She said but her tears told me otherwise. “Bel- Jordan. I’m not going to let you walk all the way to the supermarket on your own. And you can’t sleep on your own tonight either. I promised the doctor that you were going to be looked after and fed properly.” I explained.

“It’s okay. I- I don’t want to be a bother or anything. I will be fine. Don- Don’t waste your time, okay?” She whispered “Jordan…What’s wrong? Why would you think you would be a bother to look after?” I asked. “You cursed when I told you I had no one… Don’t worry. You don’t have to look after me. I’m fine alone. Honestly.” She whispered again and I suddenly realized what was going on. “Jordan, do you think that I was annoyed that you have no one else to look after you?” I asked, dreading the answer. “I don’t want you to feel like you have to look after me. I’m fine alone” she answered.

“Shit… Honey, I honestly don’t care if I have to spend time with you and look after you. I want to help you. I want to protect you and hold you and be there for you, okay?” I lifted one of my hands and started to stroke her soft hair. “Don’t ever think that I would be annoyed or angry with you for needing me.”

“But…But I thought-“ She started. “I know, I know… I’m sorry that I made you think that. I will look after you until you can get back on your feet, okay?” I asked. She just nodded.

She lifted her head and our faces were inches apart. Everything immediately changed. Her warm breath played against my lips and my whole body tensed up. Holy hell, I was getting turned on. Her eyes flew to my lips as she slowly licked her own. Shit shit shit. “Jordan…”I breathed but couldn’t seem to finish the sentence. She lifted her hand and very gently traced my bottom lip with the tips of her fingers. My breath hitched at the same time she let out a very soft moan. Her curious fingers slowly began drifting upwards and over my nose, then cheeks, then both my eyes. I closed them and focused on holding back a groan as her feather like touch slowly drove me crazy.

Her hands then traveled up over my forehead and into my hair. I couldn’t surprise the groan as her fingers closed around the strands and gripped softly. She brought her other hand to my hair and did the same, gripping tighter and dropping her head down to my shoulder. I could feel as well as hear her breathing pick up as she raked her nails down to the base of my neck drawing out another groan from me.

*BEEP BEEP* “Ay! You call taxi?” A voice called, thick with an Indian accent. It was like a bucket of water was thrown over both of us. Jordan jumped back and quickly tried to stand up. I also stood and pulled her into my side as we slowly walked up and into the taxi.

“Where you go?” The driver called over his music. I shook my head and stared down at Jordan, mentally asking her where she lives. She understood and hesitated before leaning forward and telling the driver. She leaned back but kept some distance between us. She turned and looked out the window while tapping her fingers against her knee. I guess some distance right now was a good idea, if she touches me it would be hard to restrain myself from making love to her in the back of the taxi.

I let out a groan as the car started and the driver took off, taking us to Jordan’s house.