~CHAPTER SIX~

~CHAPTER SIX~

Jordan’s P.O.V.

Voices surrounded me but I couldn’t seem to open my eyes or move my lips. Where am I? What happened to me? I was at home waiting for John… JOHN!! At the thought of his name I screamed and shot up, looking around me. “Jo.. John? John?” I said, out of breath. Is he here? Did he find me while I was asleep? No, No, No! I can’t go back! Tears started falling as the fear grew and grew. My body started shaking; almost causing the bed I was laying on to move.

“Hey, hey, hey.. Shhhhh.. It’s okay.. You’re okay… Shhhh… You’re okay” A soft voice cooed from my side and I turned to look for the owner. A man sat there staring up at me with concern. “Jo.. John? Is he here? Did he find me? No, No, No... I have to leave… I have to go… I really have to leave.” I stammered. Words tumbled out of my mouth, not making any sense.  

“Hey.. Calm down. You’re safe. I won’t let anything happen to you” He said in a soft voice as he reached  for my hand. I expected my body to automatically flinch at another man’s touch, but strangely it didn’t. I felt warm and in the first time in years, I felt… safe. Within seconds I jumped out of my bed and into his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and shoving my face so hard into his chest in hopes to feel more of that warmth. And god it felt good. His body heat engulfed me and I no longer felt cold, inside or out. His masculine chest felt like a shield protecting me from any harm and I subconsciously pulled him tighter.

“Please… Please don’t let him take me back… I can’t… Please… I’m scared.” I wailed, pulling him even closer and crying all over his shirt. “Please… I’m scared. Don’t let him take me… Please” I continued. “Hey, It’s okay. You’re going to be okay. I swear I won’t let anyone hurt you. Okay?” He said in the softest voice. His hand started rubbing my back in slow circles and within minutes, I fell asleep hoping that with this man holding me, I will be free from the nightmares.