~CHAPTER THREE~

~CHAPTER THREE~
Mathew P.O.V

I watched as the women made a run for the ally way up ahead. What the fuck? No “I’m sorry” or “I didn’t see you there” after she ran right into me? Just got up and left. I decided to go follow her and make her apologize to me; after all, she did make me drop my cigarette.

As I rounded the corner, I searched but couldn’t see her, or anyone else for the mater. Just an old ally way that stunk like piss and illegal stuff. I was certain that she ran into this ally but as I stared longer at the dirty place, I began to question my eye sight. Why would she go down here?

I shook my head and turned to walk away but stopped  when I heard something. I heard the sliding of something against a wall and then the bang, as if it smacked against the cement. I sprinted towards the blue dumpster only to see that the girl, who ran into me before has collapsed and is laying lifeless on the floor. “Hey.. HEY! Wake up lady… Come on….Come on.. wake up” I yelled while running up to her, picking her fragile body into my arms. It almost felt like I was holding a child’s body. I could easily break a bone and honestly not mean it. Was she not eating or something?

“Hey! Come on. Wake up” I yelled once again, but she didn’t move. This is not good. I need to call someone. But who? Maybe the hospital? Or is she going to be okay? God, I don’t know what to do! I felt as if her body was slipping away from me. Dying. I can’t explain it but god, did it scared me.

Grabbing my phone from my back pocket I dialled 000. When the computerized voice answered the phone, I told them the situation “Uhmm.. A women… Uhmm around 26? 27? I don’t know… Uhmm.. Has collapsed. Her body seems to be getting colder by the minute and her heart rate has gone down.” I then told them our location and begged them to hurry. I looked down and stared at the women in my arms. I felt a sudden urge to hold her closer. To protect her. Make her all better. Seeing someone like this is horrible.  It almost looks like she was dead. Physically, emotionally and mentally. Just given up.  I can’t help but wonder what put her in this situation. And I am damn well going to find out.