Payback gone wrong (Drum x Delta)

"Delta!"

Delta turned to the dragon-holder and smiled with 100% of maturity, "Drum."

Drum grinned, making Delta wonder how he smiles like that without making his face split in two.

"Ne ne...Let's battle..?" Drum asked. Delta nodded solemnly, "Ok."

"Three, two, one...GO SHOOT!"

Both beys clashed the moment they entered the stadium. The other four watching cheered for both of them, and eventually, Delta won.

"Aw man, why can't I ever defeat you?" Drum pouted, which Delta found cute. But not like he'll admit it or something.

"Food is here, boys." Uncle Tango said as he brought the plate of meat for them.

"And girls!" Ichika said angrily. Uncle Tango laughed, "And girls, yes."

Drum looked at Delta. He was always so matured and level headed, and Drum can't help but admire the person who is his best friend. He took in Delta's appearance and his change in the past few days. He used to be so cold when they first met. But now, he was always there to support them. He even gave up his darkness and joined Victories to help them fight. Drum realised that he have never payed the other back for what he does for the team.

"Drum."

"Drum..?"

"Drum!"

Drum came to reality with a start. Delta and Amane was looking at him confused.

"You alright, m'boy?" Uncle Tango asked. The blonde with blue triangles shook his head.

"No..."

Right after food, Drum excused himself from practicing, saying he was tired from all the work of the day and he had to repair something in Dragon in the workroom. He sat in front of the table, thinking. Maybe a new launcher in case his one broke..? Drum's head was spinning with the thinking, but he didn't stop. Diabolos was a balance type, and he thought of all the special moves in it. But nothing came to his mind.

"Need help, m'boy?" A voice startled him. Uncle Tango was smiling at him.

"I-", Drum thought if he should tell the truth or not, "I really want to give a gift to someone, but I cannot think what. The person had done so much for me, and I don't think what I get as ideas are enough..." Uncle Tango smiled, like he don't know who Drum meant.

"You only thought about beyblade, but there are a lot of other things we could give. Like a stationary? Or clothes? Your decision. And you could ask for my help if you need any." He said, leaving Drum to his own confused thoughts and hiding a small smile. 

The next day, Delta woke up to a delicious smell wafting around his room. He looked around and saw something which almost made his mouth water. (I laughed writing this.)

Delta wondered if it was for him, or if someone just left it there

Delta wondered if it was for him, or if someone just left it there. He decided to give it a taste, it looked rather irresistible.

He felt chocolate oozing to his mouth the moment he took a bite. So it was a lava cupcake. He didn't mean to, but ended up finishing the entire box. He realised what he did.

"Oh no..."

Delta entered the training room with a worried face. Drum's and Amane's smile faded when they saw his expression, "Delta..?" 

"Let's practice." He said simply, but his slight harshness in the tone gave himself away that he was worried. Drum felt sad, didn't Delta see his gift?

"Delta-"

"DIDN'T I SAY 'LET'S PRACTICE'!?" Delta suddenly roared, making the others flinch. Yes, Delta was very worried. What if someone had made it specially for anyone else, but he finished it? He wouldn't be able to stand the guilt. He went out, muttering fresh air. Once he was gone, Amane spoke up.

"Man, he sure was angry...Anyone pissed him off?" Drum remained silent. Tears threatened to to fall from his eyes, but he held them in. Didn't Delta like his present? But he had stayed up all night trying to perfect it. Wasn't it good enough? Or does Delta have any hate for sugar or chocolate?

"I'll go look for him." Drum said confidently. The others nodded as the blonde took off. He'll ask Delta himself.

The found the red-eyed blader sitting in front of the river when he met Gwyn. He went next to the boy and sat.

"Hey...what's wrong?" Drum asked, but the other didn't answer. Drum decided to take the conversation directly to the point, "Was it because of the cupcake?"

The other turned sharply to him, but Drum continued his say.

"I'm sorry if you didn't like it. I thought that...you do so much for the club, but we have never payed you back, not even in the least. That's why-" Drum's speech was interrupted when he heard a laugh. He looked at his companion, who was laughing his ass off. Delta smiled at him after he finished laughing.

"You actually made it for me?" Delta smiled, which made the blonde confused, "Huh?"

Delta explained why he was so angry, and after finishing his tale, both of them were laughing.

"So..." Delta started awkwardly, he knew he had to thank the other for what he did. Drum looked at him with big innocent eyes.

"T-thank you" Delta said awkwardly, looking away blushing after. Drum grinned widely.

"Welcome-"

Click

Both of them turned around. There was uncle Tango, Ichika, Takane and Amane. Uncle was holding a camera, and all the four of them were giggling quietly.

"Uncle!"

The four of the stalkers ran for their lives as Drum chased them with his scary nervous face. Delta laughed in the background.

He loved his new life. And most of all, he loved the people in his new life, especially a certain blonde who was currently chasing their teammates.

This sucks, I know
I warned you I'm not good in cheesy fluff. Maybe a bit, but only in some rare miraculous moments. But I'm kinda proud of writing the last part, when the other four stalked them. Next up will be practice part 2, but it's Toko x Suoh. Hope y'all are safe, and happy.

Fin.