Chapter 3

"What should we do, Phil? She won't eat anything," Kota's frustration was palpable as he emerged from the room, tray of food in hand. It had been two weeks since Dior's arrival, and the guys had patiently waited to see if she would consume anything.

"This isn't good. If she doesn't eat, doesn't speak, hell, she won't even pee," North exclaimed, his frustration mirroring Kota's. He couldn't bear the sight of her just sitting there, unresponsive, staring blankly at the wall. There was no way he was leaving until she ate something.

"Does that girl even have a bladder?" Gabriel quipped, his frustration bubbling over. "Well, she is special, as you can see. Maybe her body works differently," Phil interjected sternly, signaling for them to lower their voices.

It wasn't entirely Dior's fault that she refused to eat. After all, she had been accustomed to nothing but porridge, and the scientists often neglected to provide her with proper meals.

Sean was eager to check if her wounds had healed completely, but the situation remained stagnant.

"Let me try," Luke suggested, seizing the tray of food with excitement evident in his demeanor. He was eager to see if he could establish any form of communication with her.

North grunted as he followed Luke into the room, expecting little success.

The rest of the group trailed behind, curious to see the outcome.

Meanwhile, Dior remained seated in the corner of her room near the glass wall and door, her eyes darting nervously as Luke approached.

As Luke opened the door, Dior's eyes widened in alarm. "Luke, get out of there right now," North snapped, his concern evident. But Luke disregarded his warning, determined to make a connection with Dior.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," Luke whispered reassuringly as he closed the door behind him, locking eyes with Dior.

Her heart raced as she backed into the wall, unsure of what to expect. Despite her fear, she tried to remain calm as Luke slowly approached and sat down across from her.

He placed her tray of food in front of her, and Dior cautiously uncurled herself, sitting in a crisscross position. Luke smiled warmly at her, encouraged by her small act of trust.

She eyed the grilled cheese sandwich on her tray tentatively, uncertainty evident in her expression. With a reassuring nod from Luke, she tentatively took a bite, her eyes widening at the burst of flavor.

Luke watched in amazement as colorful sparks danced on her tongue, her antlers shimmering with a rainbow of hues. Phill and Sean, observing from a distance, were equally stunned by the unexpected display of magic.

Overwhelmed by the taste sensation, Dior gingerly offered the other half of her sandwich to Luke, a gesture of gratitude and camaraderie. Luke accepted it with a mixture of surprise and appreciation, savoring the shared moment.

As they continued to eat in companionable silence, the tension in the room dissipated, replaced by a sense of connection and understanding. The others watched from afar, allowing the two of them to enjoy their newfound rapport in peace.