39

Analia Rayne ||

"All packed?" Ryder asks me throwing his backpack over his shoulder.

"Yup. Just have to get my bag from the chair."

I go back inside our room grabbing my bag.

Ryder and I are driving down to see his parents.

Their only two hours away.

I think these two hours will be a good bonding experience for us both.

I hope.

I packed a duffel bag and a backpack filled with little necessities. God knows what's in there. I just started grabbing random things from the bathroom and throwing them in my backpack. Had to make sure to pack a book of course.

"Guys leaving so soon?" Gio pouts. I shake my head walking over to hug him.

"You'll be okay for three days," I smile at him.

"Three days I'll be alone in this apartment. Do you know how boring it is already not having Ryder next to me? Now he won't even be in the same building for me to annoy him!"

"Thank god," Ryder grabs my duffel bag and starts walking towards the front door.

"Sounds like a tragedy" I pat his shoulder before walking after Ryder.

Ryder grabs the keys to my car and walks out of the apartment. "Don't trash the apartment," he tells Gio.

"I don't know if that was intended to be an insensitive joke or just a saying... I'm going to take it as a saying," Gio waved goodbye to me as I close the door behind me.

"Wrong choice of words, Kingston."

"It's a saying. Not my fault he actually fucking trashed the place," we enter the elevator, "Do you know how much that blue vase was? $200."

"That's pocket change to you," I tell him.

"Doesn't matter if it was. Still cost money," he rolls his eyes reminiscing about the vase.

Ever since that night, he's complained about that stupid vase. I never saw that vase the whole time I stayed there. But he was quite upset about this vase though. So I ordered him a new one. Not the exact
one but it's similar.

I put my head on his shoulder, "My poor bear."

He shakes me off his shoulder and I chuckle. The ding noise goes off, telling us to get off the elevator.

We step outside the building and I breathe in the fresh air. I haven't been outside in days I just realized. "Come on," Ryder calls out, "We have a two-hour drive and with traffic three hours."

He throws the bags in the truck and walks over to the passenger side to open the door for me. I thank him with a kiss before sitting in the passenger seat.

He hops into the car, turning it on, and before you know it we're driving away.

On our way there I made him stop at Tony's cookies place to get some cookies of course.