2.

◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔬
ʜᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ʙɪɢɢᴇʀ ғɪsʜ - ǫᴜɪ ɢᴏɴ ᴊɪɴɴ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊  ┊   ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊  ☆  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ✬       ✬   ┊    ┊
┊    ★           ★    ┊
☆                  ☆

The Bounty — Kallista couldn't remember his name, she didn't really care to — having come to terms with his inevitable fate, sighed and admitted defeat. He watched as the Mandalorian chucked a pair of handcuffs at him, being so kind as to give the bounty the opportunity to cuff himself, before begrudgingly following the armoured man out of the tavern.

The girl waited until her guardian and the bounty were on their way out before she swiped the credits which had been abandoned on the table within all the chaos and slipped them into one of the compartments on her belt. Walking towards the exit, she flicked a single credit over to the bar tender, who caught it instinctively; astonished by the recent course of events, the poor man was practically rendered speechless. It wasn't everyday you would witness a Bounty Hunter casually stroll through the doors of a dingy tavern, stir up trouble, collect a bounty and then leaving without uttering a single word.

Well, bounty hunters storming into cantinas was pretty common — but a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, now they were hard to come by.

"Sorry about the mess." The girl apologised, expressing very little sincerity.

Eyeing the magnitude of dismembered bodies scattered around the room, she trailed the string of corpses which led her to the exit.

She strode through the room with a slight swagger in her step, a playful smirk adorned her face as she left, being cautious to manoeuvre around the severed body left strewn across either side of the entranceway. However, she was quickly brought back to reality when she was met with an unimpressed Mandalorian, the armoured man looming in the doorway, casting a shadow over the girl.

As ever, he was disappointed in her behaviour.

What did she expect?

"Kallista." He drawled, eyeing the (stolen) newly acquired pouch of credits.

Ironic. Her guardian was a certified Bounty Hunter and had done many questionable things, and yet he looked down on her for some minor thievery.

Because pinching a handful of credits was remotely more ineffable than severing a man in two with a door...

Alright, so maybe she shouldn't have taken the credits. But in all fairness, the bounty had offered them to her in the first place, that wasn't exactly stealing. And frankly she believed they deserved it, especially after all the trouble they went to find the bounty.

The two stared at one another, waiting for the other to forfeit and break eye contact first. After a moment of intense silence, neither willing to back down, the Mandalorian gave in and looked away. Shaking his head in despair as the girl relished in her mini victory. He ignored her and trudged in the direction of the ship, dragging the bounty along behind him, with Kallista following in tow.

That girl was going to be the death of him.

-----

The trek back to the ship was silent for the most part. That was if you excused the howling winds, the crunch of the snow beneath their boots and the calls of distant animals. Of which Kallista prayed they wouldn't encounter, they sounded terrifying. The girl desperately tried to keep her hood up and her head down, brawling with the harsh winds that strived to bring down her hood and snatch her scarf.