4.

◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹◸◹
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯
ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ
◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿◺◿

ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɪɴsᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ - ᴏʙɪ ᴡᴀɴ ᴋᴇɴᴏʙɪ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊  ┊   ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊  ☆  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ✬       ✬   ┊    ┊
┊    ★           ★    ┊
☆                  ☆

As they approached the hidden entrance to the Mandalorian covert, Kallista came to a halt. Her guardian noticed her falter and turned to question her.

"I think I'll head back to the ship." The girl spoke almost instantaneously, having noticed her guardian's attention was now on her.

"Are you sure? The covert is right around the corner, we won't be long." The Mandalorian questioned, keeping their discussion quiet. Imagine his frustration is his carelessness revealed the converts location.

"I know, it's just—"

"Are you alright?" Din took a step closer, looking intently at the young girl before him, trying to find any indication that she was hurt. He spoke quickly, his worry triggering his paternal side. "Are you unwell?"

"No, no—" The girl protested, it wasn't her intention to worry her guardian, and yet that was all she seemed to ever do. The girl quickly formed an excuse. It was weak, though it held some truth. "I'm just tired, that's all."

The Mandalorian straightened his posture and cast a look over his ward. He wasn't stupid, he knew there was a deeper meaning to this, there was something more beneath the surface, something that she wasn't telling him. However, despite wanting to, he knew not to pry, if she wanted to tell him then she would. He had to trust that, trust her.

"Alright, if you are certain." After a beat of silence, he spoke again, hoping to offer some comfort, even if it was just his presence. "Do you want me to accompany you back to the ship?"

Whilst appreciating the gesture, Kallista knew that she needed a moment of isolation to collect her thoughts. She knew her feelings couldn't be contextualised, however that didn't stop her from trying.

And so, Kallista offered a curt shake of the head, though a small (barely there) reassuring smile. "I'll be fine."

The Mandalorian hesitated, unsure what had warranted Kallista's sudden retreating behaviour.

He knew Kallista. If there was one thing that he had learnt in his few years of parenting a teenage girl, it was that if she said she was fine, she was certainly not fine! Din huffed, "Okay. I won't be long. If you need anything—"

"'—I know where to find you.' The girl quoted, albeit surprised that she received that response opposed to his usual 'Don't touch anything' or warning of her troublesome behaviour.

When her guardian tilted his helmet down towards her, the girl feeling his intense stare, she lifted her gaze from the ground to meet his own. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

There was a prolonged silence that flitted between them, an unspoken 'be safe' communicated through their gaze. Until Din spoke again, raising an assertive finger. "I'll be back in an hour. Behave."