Chapter 18

The next couple of days were strange. Mom was AWOL, as well as Mary-Margret, David, Regina and Killian. Mom left notes for us to stay at the diner and for me to watch Henry. The days were boring, the only interesting thing was what I was going to have for lunch. Henry was engrossed in his games on his phone, and all I wanted to do was go to the studios and dance. I had received multiple passive aggressive emails from my teachers, which I decided to ignore. I didn't want to open them but I felt I had to, I opened them and decided not to reply. What was I going to tell them? I don't know when I'm coming back, I've been learning the choreography you sent, but I don't know when I'm coming or of I'll be back in time for the show Nevermind if I'm strong enough. Although I've worked hard to learn the dances, I haven't been in a proper class for some time now.

Everything was messed up. My life was messy and complicated and I had no power over it. I couldn't do anything to fix the problems I was having. There was nothing I could do. I needed Mom to finish, or stop whatever it was she was up to here, so that we can go home and go back to our normal life!

I kept calling Regina to ask if she could unlock the studio for me, sometimes she would and just send a text saying "Unlocked" but most of the time I'd get a text later on saying she's busy. I understand of course, it's just frustrating. The next time I saw her, she was making out with Robin in the back hallway of Granny's.

"Henry! Hope" She said getting a fight and pulling away "Good morning"

"Morning" We both replied "Uh, excuse me, madam mayor" Henry said walking past. I followed, but turned around and walked backwards so I could give Regina a thumbs up about finally dating Robin! She smiled and I turned back around and followed Henry back into the diner for food.

"Hey, I got to run. I got to check on a lead. Youre okay to stay here longer? Ill call you later" Mom said walking past us at the counter. She didn't even give us time to respond before she was heading for the door. Henry put his toast down and went after her, I decided to follow.

"Where are you really going?" Henry asked her when we had caught up outside the door

"I told you. Im following a lead" Mom replied

"What lead?" Henry demanded

"Its my job. Its complicated" Mom replied

"Is this about the person who killed my dad?" He asked

"YYes" Mom said

"Then, tell me" Henry demanded again

"It would just be easier once its all solved, Henry" Mom said

"Youve been lying to me ever since we got here. I deserve to know everything" Henry yelled

"No, you dont! Im your mother and I know best. So, you just gonna have to deal with this for now, okay? Understood?" She asked sternly

"Yeah, I think I do" He replied

"Hope?" She asked me

"yeah, I got it" I replied. She began walking away

"Wait. I need your keys. I left mine in the room and if Im gonna be a prisoner Id like to have my Game Boy" He said. Mom threw him the keys and headed away. We went back inside and Henry went after his game. After a couple minutes, I decided to go look for him since he hadn't returned and was clearly pissed off. I didn't find him in his room, I found him in the car park, round the back with Killian.

"What's going on?" I asked when I joined them

"Henry was going to steal your mum's car and drive back to New York. I told him it was too dangerous and had a better idea" He said