Faith

Virat was sitting in his room going through his instagram. Suddenly he sees some snaps and videos of his 2014 England tour. After seeing that it just took him into a flashback memory of his tour.

Flashback:
Virat was sitting in his room after the last match of the series of this tour of England . He just saw his stats which looked like this ..

"Virat Kohli in tour of England in 2014, registering scores of 1, 8, 25, 0, 39, 28, 0, 7, 6 and 20 in five Tests, averaging 13.50 in his 10 innings"

He was devastated. He didn't know what to think .. whom to talk to.. He was too depressed regarding this tour. He never got a feeling like this. He felt he would never be selected again.

Tears were flowing from his eyes like a river feeling the frustration, helplessness... He just slept of crying. That's how Rohit found him when he came to their room which he was sharing with Vi. Rohit saw tear stains and also fresh tears as Virat was crying in his sleep.

Rohit thought to wake him up but he was not sure whether it is a good idea or not. He didn't know what to do now he just wiped Virat's tears and went to Mahi bhai.

Rohit barged in the room. "Bhai come with me please" .. "What's wrong Ro ?" Asked Mahi surprised to see Ro tensed.

"Bhai I don't know what's wrong with Vi .. he slept early without having dinner and he has been crying in his sleep. I don't what to do.. come with me" said Rohit sad to see his best friend like that.

They both reached the room and see Virat in the same state. Mahi bhai also felt sad to his Cheeku like that. "Let's not wake him up .. let him sleep we will talk to him in the morning" said Mahi bhai softly.
They both stayed with him and slept beside him.

Next morning Virat woke up first early in the morning. He saw Ro at his side and Mahi bhai on the couch. He just didn't know what to feel anymore. It felt empty. Rohit and Mahi bhai slept late so they didn't wake up. Virat just went to terrace as he didn't  feel like doing anything.

(As per his interview how he was feeling during that tour will be mentioned in bits)
Virat was sitting on terrace staring into nothingness. He was completely numb feeling like the loneliest person. He just felt that now he could not get back up again. He just sat there and slept again after some time. (Sleep causing him to shut from the outside world)

Meanwhile in the room it was Mahi bhai who woke up and saw Virat is not in the room. He woke Rohit up with great difficulty. They both searched everywhere gym as their first thought was that he was there but he was not. They just could not figure out where Virat went. He didn't take his phone with him.

Suddenly Mahi shouted : "Ro we didn't check the terrace" saying this they both rushed towards the terrace. As they went there they saw Virat sleeping on the chair. "Mahi bhai something is seriously wrong Virat sleeping again .. it is strange." Said Rohit worriedly. Mahi felt the same.

Mahi just went near Virat and shook him awake. Virat woke up and saw both of them worried. He just didn't know what to say to them. "Are u okay Cheeku ?" asked Mahi softly. But Virat was zoned out completely. Ro kept his hand on his shoulder and tried "Vi tu thik toh hai .. bhai kuch puch rahe hai" asked Rohit worried but Virat didn't answer.

They just supported him by his shoulders and took him to his and Rohit's room. He didn't say anything.
They made him sit on his bed he was just silent throughout in his own mind. His silence scared Mahi and Rohit and the fact he was totally unresponsive.

For like one hour they tried everything to get him to respond to them. It was scaring Mahi as he understood that if he didn't do something then it would be very difficult for Virat to come out of this zone. Virat will go into his shell of thoughts and it would be difficult for them to get him back.

Mahi deliberately said loudly : "Ro what do u think of upcoming test selection of the team. Do u think we could pick Virat ?" ... Ro didn't understand anything but fortunately Virat did. He was looking at Mahi bhai with so much hope and said slowly : "Will I be there Bhai ?"

Mahi felt like he accomplished something great as Virat responded to him. Mahi cupped his cheeks and told his softly: "What's wrong Cheeku ? Please share with us .. I can't see u like this. I am there with you"
Ro also encouraged him.

Virat just crashed into his arms and cried hysterically. Rohit and Mahi were just rubbing his back to calm him down. Virat cried and cried for one hour and then his cries were turned into sniffs. Rohit and Mahi also got tears seeing Virat cry so much.

"Bhai I am a failure .. Nothing seems right anymore .. have u seen how I have performed .. I know I am not going get chance now in test .. I deserve that only .. I am just feeling so lonely bhai .. it's just that sleep seems peaceful to get out of this thoughts bhai .. I don't know what to do Ro .. I just don't know" said Virat sobbing

"Vi why are u saying like this .. one tour doesn't decide your career... we have complete faith in you .. this is just a phase .. Right Mahi bhai ?" Said Rohit

"Yes Cheeku Ro is correct .. Everyone goes through this kind of phases bacha .. I have been there .. it is not the end .. In fact Failure teaches us how to get to success .. We have complete faith in you that u will shine and perform in the upcoming opportunities whichever u get .. why are u judging yourself from one tour .. don't do that yourself Cheeku" explained Mahi bhai

Virat just nodded and hugged both of them. He thought that he has to get back up and do not let Mahi bhai's and Rohit's faith in him down. He has to recover from this.

Flashback ends.

—————————————————
Virat just got tears in his eyes remembering the support of Mahi bhai and Rohit in that days and phase he was going through. He immediately called both of them.

Mahi bhai : What's wrong Cheeku ? Why are u crying ?

Rohit : What happened Vi ?

Virat just smiled amidst his tears at their care : Nothing happened Ro .. Nothing is wrong Mahi bhai .. I just wanted to thank both of u to show the immense faith in me when I was completely shattered. I don't know if you both were not there with me at that time in 2014 then what would I have done. I just called to say thanks

Mahi bhai : Cheeku do u really think that there is any need to thank us. We will always have the trust, faith and belief in you. I am proud of u Cheeku

Rohit : Bhai is right Vi .. We are always there with u

Virat smiles and thanks them again. They just talked more for some time. Virat was just happy that he could overcome anything till Mahi bhai and Rohit are there with him.

————————————————
Second story in a day
Vote and comment the feedback
It was a one shot and pure imagination because in reality as per Virat's interview it took lot of effort and time to recover from this phase.

Support this book
Requested by enamot