Virat - Jassi

ODI series was coming up. Everyone was excited about it. Remaining squad had joined in.

Practice session was going on. Virat and Rahul bhai were observing everyone and having discussions. They called Rah and guided him what are possibilities and what could be done. Virat went to practice his batting.

Virat : Bhuvi are u done with ur stretching? Ya time lagega

Bhuvi : Vi 10 min aur ..

Virat : Okay u continue .. Jassi..

Jassi was thinking and lost in thoughts so he did not hear Virat's voice. Virat went towards him and shook him out of it. Virat noticed him being disturbed.

Virat : Jassi Kaha khoya hai .. kabse bula raha hu

Jassi : Sorry bhai .. kuch kaam hai kya ?

Virat : Ha I was thinking may be u could bowl to me in nets ..

Jassi : Ha chalo na

Virat and Jassi were practicing together. Virat noticed the speed was more then Jassi usually bowls. Somehow it was looking like he was throwing it in frustration. Virat got distracted for a bit as he was looking at Jassi's face which had so many emotions.
Jassi bowled and it passed onto Virat's ankle. As Virat was distracted he didn't see it.

Virat winced loudly as he kneeled onto the ground. Jassi was standing in shock but as he recovered he went towards Virat. Bhuvi, Ash,Rah and Rahul bhai came there rushing as others left.

Jassi scared : Bhai .. are u okay ? I am so sorry ? Is it paining a lot ?

Virat wanted to console him but he could not right now. Because it was paining to him. He knew it was not serious but still it was the adrenaline rush.

Bhuvi carefully removed his gear. Rah went to bring ice packs and call the physio.

Rahul bhai concerned : Are u okay Virat ? How did u injure ur self ?

Jassi was about to say something but Virat interrupted: Sorry bhai .. I don't know I got distracted

Ash : U should really take care of urself Virat ! Come on now let's go into your room .. Rah will come there with physio

Bhuvi and Ash helped him to him room. Jassi was following them feeling extremely guilty. Rah came there with physio.

Physio applied the spray and bandage to it : It's not severe. Ice pack every 2 hours should be okay. He said this and left.

Rahul bhai : U take care Virat and don't jump here and there okay atleast till u recover

Virat just pouted and said : Yes bhai .. Rahul bhai just chuckled at his expression and left.

Rah : Are u really okay Virat ?

Virat : Yes Rah I am okay. U go with Ash and Bhuvi and have ur dinner okay .. it's already late

Bhuvi : U take care okay !!

Virat : Yes bhuvi and do one thing na bhuvi .. Can u send food for me and Jassi here only.

Bhuvi nodded in agreement and left with Ash and Rah.

Jassi was still standing in corner with his head down in guilt.

Virat softly: Jassi .. come here

Jassi came and sat with not looking towards Virat. Virat made him look towards him. He could see tears in his eyes and filled with guilt.

Virat : What's wrong Jassi ? Won't u share it with me ?

Jassi sobbing a bit : I am really sorry bhai I hurt u .. because of me u r in pain ..

Virat softly rubbing his arm : Jassi its nothing bacha .. it will be fine by tomorrow.. it happens
.. it's not your fault by the way

Jassi just shook his head in no mumbling that it is his fault.

Virat : What's bothering u bacha ? Can u please share ? I m here or do u want to talk to Ro ? I will call him. He took his phone and dialled his number but he didn't get to know if he picked up or not.

Jassi just crashed in his arms crying his frustration and worry out. Virat just kept his phone as it is. He was shocked to see Jassi crying. He rubbed his back to calm him down. Once he calmed down .. he placed his head in Virat's lap.

Virat softly : What's wrong Jassi ?

Jassi sobbing softly : Bhai I don't if I can do this ... I cannot handle this VC responsibility bhai .. I know Rah can do it he has done it in IPL also and sometimes for the ICT also. Bhai I don't think I m capable enough ! What if I fail ? What if I fail u and Ro bhai ? I don't want to disappoint u bhai

Virat just sighed and caress his head softly: Jassi why u think u will fail ? U are capable to do it. I understand what u feeling kid .. but this is part of your growth.. U can do this .. And even if u fail then there is no issue in that .. u learn from it .. that's the process.. u just think that how much you could contribute to the process.. success or failure will come along .. and who said u r alone I am here .. Ro is also there u can call him whenever u want to ..

"Yes Jassi .. Vi is right ! I m here with u" Jassi broke the hug was wondering where Rohit bhai's voice coming from.

Vi took the phone and switched it to video call. Jassi said smiling a bit now : Thank you Bhai.

Jassi moved towards other side of the room to freshen up a bit.

Rohit said : Vi why u called me if u are there. You could handle him

Virat : I asked him and then I thought may be he would feel more comfortable with u just in case ... I really wanted to open him up his feelings

Rohit noticed his discomfort expression and asked : What's wrong with you Vi ? Are u okay ?

They heard the knock on the door. And Virat being Virat got up from the bed but winced due to pain.

Jassi came running and scolded him : "Bhai what are u doing ? Physio said that u cannot move your ankle if u want to recover quickly" .. He made him sit on bed and recvd at the door.

Rohit worried : What's wrong Vi ? What happened to your ankle ?

Virat casually: Nothing yaar Ro u know na how Jassi panics .. I am fine

Jassi came there and Rohit asked him. "Jassi what happened to Virat .. this idiot won't tell me"

Jassi slowly still feeling the guilt : "Bhai actually .. he narrated the whole nets incident.. Bhai I am really sorry because of Virat bhai got hurt"

Rohit softly : Jassi it's not your fault .. don't blame yourself. Virat is only the idiot he was distracted

Jassi : Bhai don't call him idiot

Rohit sighs and give some long lectures to Virat for taking care and not being an idiot before hanging up the call.

Virat ruffled his hair and said : Jassi don't feel guilty okay .. I will be okay in no time.

Jassi just hugged him once again and mumbled sorry and thank you.

Jassi spent the night taking care of his big brother. He knows whatever happens Virat and Rohit bhai will always be there with him.

——————————————-
Done
I really like the bond of Jassi and Virat
And couldn't help myself by adding Rohirat a bit

No proofread and edit

Vote and comment the feedback