Always there

ICT was sitting in the team room gathered after the loss. They were watching the their captain's speech where he was saying : "It's part and parcel of the game. It's the reality that we didn't win in SA and we have to accept that and move on." Saying this he came back in the room.

Virat : Come on guys go and freshen up. We have a ODI series coming up and we have to bounce back strongly. Have some rest it has been long 4 days.

Everyone agreed and left the room. Virat went to his room and freshened up. He went to terrace to clear his mind and calm himself. He could not get angry on the team.

He tried calling Mahi bhai but it went unanswered and same happened with Rohit. He was frustrated as there no one he could talk to .. no one who would console him after the loss as he did with the kiddos and the team.

He just threw his phone in anger and sat with his head buried in his hands taking deep breathes. Rahul bhai has come to the terrace and found the phone lying on the ground and found Virat like that.

He saw him without his armour of pretending that it's not hurting .. that it's a sport it happens. Now here Rahul bhai could see Virat crumbling with emotions. He never saw him like this because from the day he debut he was always with his Mahi bhai and never shared his weak moments with anyone else other than Rohit and Mahi bhai.

Rahul bhai took hesitant steps towards him. He kept his hand on his shoulder to get his attention. Virat just got startled and hurriedly tried to wipe his tears. He just tried to be normal in front of him.

Virat tried to say normally without shaking his voice : Bhai aap yaha ? Kuch chahiye kya aapko

Rahul bhai handed his phone back to him. Virat just took it without meeting his eyes. He said calmly and pointed towards his phone : "Directing your anger somewhere else"

Virat just sighed and said : "Actually I was trying to call Mahi bhai and Ro but no one picked so I got frustrated"

"Have u seen the time Virat? It's already dark here. It may be approximately 3 am there I think" said Rahul bhai

"Ohh I didn't realise it" said Virat realizing his stupidity.

Rahul bhai sat closer to Virat and put his hand one his shoulder and said : "What's wrong Virat ? You know I may not be your Mahi bhai but you can talk to me I am here to listen"

"Nahi bhai its nothing" said Virat lying

"Virat .. I know there is something otherwise why would you call Ro or Mahi this late and get frustrated when they don't pick it up" said Rahul bhai calmly again tried to pursuade him.

"Bhai we lost .. I just dont how to feel. We lost but we also lost the important WTC points bhai. That was very imp bhai to get closer to that ICC trophy. I just cannot ignore it. I knew everybody tried but Bhai again I am back at that stage where I am again close to loose this. I just dont know what to think Bhai .. And I could not help but miss Ro and Mahi bhai a lot today. Mahi bhai is always there to calm me down but today no one is picking the phone so there was nobody I could talk to. Ro is also not here. I cannot tell this infront of the kids because its not right that I am disturbed because it will bring team morale down. I don't what to do Bhai" said Virat pouring his heart out.

Rahul bhai was surprised and shocked to listen Virat pouring his heart out. He did not imagine that he was feeling so vulnerable. 

"Virat .. listen to me. I know its hard and I understand that it is difficult to process this. But I know that you gave your full effort. I could see how much determination you showed in this match. I and everyone could see that in your eyes. I know we lost WTC points but we will bounce back in coming series. There is a long schedule coming up. And I know sometimes emotions come in place and that's not wrong. So dont worry about it and just try to calm yourself remembering the process which brought us this far. Understood ?" said Rahul bhai making him understand. 

"Yes bhai .." answered Virat hugging him feeling the comfort and warmth in his words.

"And I know you cannot get disturbed in front of the team or the kids. But whenever you feel like this you can come to me without any hesitation okay. I will be always there to listen." said Rahul bhai

"Thank you so much Bhai." said Virat emotionally

"Have u eaten something ? Had your Dinner ?" questioned Rahul bhai. "No bhai not yet" answered Virat

"Come we will have it together" said Rahul bhai taking Virat to his room. They had their dinner together. 

Virat was resting his head in Rahul bhai's lap and Rahul bhai was telling his stories of his test career. 

------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment the feedback

I really like Rahul bhai and Virat's bonding so just a random thought

See u till next