Chapter 12 | Awkward Teen

__

Y/N MAXIMOFF

__

"Have you had any of Wanda's cake yet?" Bucky asked me as he looked through the rules of a new board game he wanted to play.

"Wanda made a cake and didn't tell me?!" I exclaimed. "No, I have not. I will be right back."

Bucky chuckled as I got up and headed to the elevator. I was on his floor that he shared with Steve (what a simp), and that meant there were six floors between me and the cake, and with Pietro in the mix...

I continued calculating the probability of me getting a slice of cake before Pietro devoured it all when the elevator doors opened, and I walked directly into Peter Parker. I began to fall over backwards when Peter suddenly caught me around the waist with one arm.

"Oh, man, Y/n!" he exclaimed. "I didn't see you, I'm sorry!"

The feeling of his arm around my waist brought butterflies to my stomach - butterflies that I brutally murdered. I couldn't be catching feelings for Peter if Spiderman was my soulmate. Peter seemed to realise that he was still holding me, and he let go and took a few steps back.

"Peter, what are you doing here?" I asked.

Peter's eyes went wide and he started looking at anything but me.

"W-what am I doing here? What are - what are you doing here?" he asked.

I stared at him.

"I live here."

Peter seemed to realise he messed up.

"Oh... right, yeah," he said quietly.

I looked at him expectantly and he cleared his throat.

"Oh, right," he said. "Um... Mr Stark called me in for the internship and then said that I should get a slice of cake from up here."

I nodded. It sounded like a reasonable explanation.

"Do you come here often?" I asked. "For the internship?"

Peter nodded quickly and adjusted the backpack on his shoulder. He seemed to be debating talking, so I started talking instead.

"Do you wanna hang out sometime?" I asked.

Peter's eyes lit up and he nodded.

"I'm... um, my birthday is in a few weeks, and uh, MJ and Ned are coming over... do you maybe want to come too?" he asked nervously.

I smiled widely and nodded.

"I'd love to," I said. "What do you want for your present?"

Peter shook his head again.

"You - you don't have to get me anything-"

He was cut off as my brother arrived in a flash of blue.

"Yo, Y/n, we have a meeting now," he said, before looking at Peter. "Hey Peter. What's up, dude?"

Peter mumbled something incoherent before waving goodbye to me and heading into the elevator. Once the doors had closed and Peter had left, I punched Pietro.

"Thanks for that," I said.

Pietro put his arms up in the air.

"What did I do this time?" he asked. "Scare away your boyfriend?"

My eyes went wide and I shook my head.

"He's not my boyfriend," I mumbled.

Pietro rolled his eyes and we made our way to the meeting room. I was usually only allowed to meetings where they spoke about upgrades to the tower, or things that were completely not Avenger-related.

As the meeting went on, I stopped paying attention. I was almost asleep when there was a sharp pain across my abdomen.

"Ow! Motherfucker!" I yelled loudly.

Everyone turned to look at me with wide eyes. A second later, everyone started calling out 'language!' and Steve buried his face into his hands.

"Bucky, punch me," I said.

I wanted to get back at Spiderman again. Bucky furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"I'm not going to punch you," he said.

"I'll do it!" Pietro yelled.

He ran over and started repeatedly punching me in the side.

"Ow! I meant once, Pietro!" I yelled, zapping him.

Pietro's eyes narrowed.

"This means war," he whispered.

"Can we not," Tony yawned.