chapter 2

Childe lay in his bed, clutching a large bucket like a lifeline. His morning sickness had worsened to the point where he struggled to complete daily tasks without regularly puking his guts out. The agents at the Northland Bank wished him a swift recovery from his "sickness," as they were not privy to any details beyond their Harbinger being under the weather.

"I fucking hate this..." Childe whined. "It sucks! Why'd your stupid sperm have to make it through the condom, huh? I thought you got the extra strength ones!"

Zhongli cleared his throat awkwardly, blushing. "We knew from the start it wouldn't fully prevent pregnancy..."

"Well it worked every other time! I hate you! You and your divine sperm!"

Zhongli chuckled. "I love you, Ajax."

Childe blushed, but crossed his arms with a hmph! "Big dumb dragon..."

Zhongli left to get some food. Childe rubbed his stomach, trying to feel for any difference. His chest felt weird, that was for sure. More sensitive to touch. But his stomach was still as flat and toned as ever. He didn't like the idea of swelling up like a balloon. He hoped he'd be one of those Omegas that remains thin and barely noticeable their entire term.

...if he decided to keep it.

He still hadn't decided what he was going to do. Every time Zhongli would bring up the topic, he would say that he hadn't decided, and just leave it at that. A week had passed already. He needed to make a decision, soon.

Zhongli returned with something that smelled strong and foul. His senses were shredded by the stench from whatever Zhongli had in his hands. What was it?? What could it be??

"I ordered a Calla Lily Seafood Soup for you. It's not exactly how you make it, but I hope it'll soothe your stomach," Zhongli said.

Childe practically cried. His baby was rejecting his favorite dish.

Zhongli stopped, looking concerned. "Are you okay? You look pale."

"This is all your fault," Childe grumbled. "It takes after you."

"Perhaps he simply knows what he likes," Zhongli suggested, a little pride seeping into his tone.

"He? How can you be so certain?"

"I just know."

Childe grumbled, then yawned. He'd been lethargic for the past few days as well. He only managed to do a slow walk around the city before feeling tired the other day. He hated being so lazy.

"I'm tired, so I'm gonna sleep," he said, adjusting his bed to get ready for sleeping. "Go do whatever. Good night."

"Good night, Ajax. Sweet dreams," Zhongli said softly, running his fingers through his hair.

He liked the attention Zhongli was giving him. He liked it more than he thought he would, but he didn't like why he was getting the attention. Because he was pregnant. He wanted to be pampered without this stupid barely human parasite dictating what he can and can't eat. It felt like Zhongli wasn't looking at only him anymore. It was him and the baby. He hated it. Hated. He wanted it gone.

"Fucking piece of shit...I hope you fucking die..." He cursed under his breath at his stomach. "You take all my energy, make me throw up three to five times a day, make my body feel all weird, and now you won't let me eat the food I like. Fuck you. Fuck you and Zhongli."

Guilt instantly hit him. He just wished for the death of an innocent baby! It hadn't even been born, what had it done to earn such vitriol? It needed him to survive. His body was adjusting to support this new life.