chapter 8

"Let's go to Snezhnaya!"

In the dead of winter, Childe suddenly decided that it was time to tell his family the big news. That meant a trip to Snezhnaya.

"Won't it be hard to navigate? The winters of Snezhnaya are quite harsh..." Zhongli hummed.

"I said we're going, so we are! While I can still surprise them!" Childe pouted.

His rounded tummy was getting harder to hide under layers. Even in some of his thicker jackets, there was a slight lump, just around his tummy. People had started to notice too. He would occasionally get a congratulations and a couple questions about how far he was and if he knew the gender yet.

But he wanted his family to be the first people he would officially announce his pregnancy to. Not random strangers!

Or maybe the Adepti. They were Zhongli's family, technically, right?

"Then we should start packing now," Zhongli said. "So you can give them the big news."

After some quick packing, planning, and getting things in order, the mated pair were on a ship to Snezhnaya.

"Why can't we just fly Zhongli?" Childe groaned. Seasickness had gripped him, a side effect of his center of balance shifting with his child. "It would be so much easier."

"People would see," Zhongli said, trying to keep his own nausea at bay. "It's too risky."

The two felt awful, clutching each other as the ocean waves rolled the boat and their stomachs.

Arriving in Snezhnaya, Childe was happy to put on several more layers to help fight the cold. His bump was practically invisible. He chuckled, imagining the shock on his family's face when they would announce.

Zhongli shivered, the piercing cold of Snezhnayan winter not agreeing with him. Childe saw his suffering, and took off a layer. His baby bump was a little more visible without it, but could easily pass as gained weight.

"But...your surprise..." Zhongli argued.

"If you keep shivering that much, you'll die before we even get to Morepesok!" Childe pouted. "So put the jacket on!"

"It smells just like you," Zhongli chuckled as he put the overly large jacket on. "You, and them."

Childe blushed. "Stop sniffing my clothes and lets get going!"

The first stop was Zapolyarny Palace. The pair thanked the Cryo Archon once again for her kindness and understanding. She gave them a slight smile.

"My child," she commanded. "Come close, I wish to give you a gift."

Childe did as instructed, even as Zhongli's scent radiated possessiveness. Always so jealous of his devotion to his Archon, he was.

She gave him three jewels, one gold, one deep blue, and one ice blue.

"Your Majesty, what have I done to deserve such gifts?" Childe asked.

"Your children should know that Snezhnaya will always greet them with open arms. Both the ones within you, and ones in the future."

Childe blushed. Was it really that obvious he was pregnant? He looked down at his outfit. It wasn't...that obvious...

The Cryo Archon laughed. "I can sense the elemental power coming from within you. Truly, your children are the offspring of a god."

Childe's head spun. So his baby was constantly radiating elemental energy? Which was it? Geo? He hoped it was Geo. Just like Zhongli...

"Perhaps one of your children in the future will be born an Adeptus resonant with Cryo," the Cryo Archon chuckled. "But for now, congratulations to both of you. May your children be born happy, healthy, and full of love."