Chapter 10

I was mid-way through writing the smut version of this I just could not think of how to word it so I'm just gonna keep it clean all the way through this chapter. I'm so tired and unmotivated to write anything that's why it's been so long. There might be smut later on in the book but don't count on it

I slowly peeled off my wet clothes. Letting them fall to the ground with a loud squelch. I grabbed a probably dirty towel that was thrown over the chair in my room. I dried my body with it. Dragging it across my torso, behind my thighs and against the crook of my neck. Drying my hair off as well. I tossed the towel back onto the chair and crossed the room, collecting a pair of baggy trousers and loose t-shirt, I slipped them on and made my way over to my bed, sliding in as warmth flooded the space around me. I pulled the covers up over my body. Grabbing onto it and hugging it slightly. My mind flooded with the images and feeling of that kiss. It was small, a peck on the forehead. But it made me feel so special, so safe. So loved.. by a man I still didn't know much of. Maybe I could ask him in the morning? I slowly drifted off to sleep. The quiet patter of the rain against the window calmed me...

A couple hours later

I felt a weight on my bed, the noise of the old springs creaking. My eyes shot open. I pushed myself up and against the head of the bed. Half expecting to see the killer right in front of me, a knife to my throat. Instead I was greeted with a pair of blue eyes. My expression softened and I relaxed. "Jesus Christ, Otis. You gave me a heart attack!" I proclaimed. He looked away sheepishly. There was a small speck of something red, on his cheek. It looked almost like- "blood?" He turned his head, meeting my gaze. "What-?" He croaked, his voice seemed raspy, unusual. "On your cheek." I blurted out. He brought his hand up to his face, touching his cheek. He then looked at his finger, now also carrying the small amount of seemingly blood that was on his face. "Oh... sorry. I apologise. I had a blood nose earlier, whilst you were asleep. I must've missed a spot." He wiped the rest away with his sleeve. "Oh..I'm sorry, I hope you're okay.." I said softly, he met my gaze as well and scooted closer. "Don't be. The whole reason I'm here is to check-up on you." He looked deeply into my eyes and I looked away, a slight blush spreading across my cheeks. Then it hit me.

"Why did you kiss me, earlier?" I said, turning back to look at him. He looked down at his hands. "I'm unsure." He then looked up at me again. "Would you like me to do it again?" My eyes widened and I felt my face go red. I looked away. "Well I mean you can if you want you don't have it. I mean it'd be nice- I mean what, I really don't mind-" I said fastly. I was a flustered mess. Cut off by him pressing his lips against mine. He cupped my cheek with his hand. I shivered slightly at his cold touch but I slowly melted into the kiss. My eyes fluttering closed. After a while he broke away. Looking into my eyes. "How was that?" I was lost for words. I brought my hand up to my face and touched my lips. I nodded slowly and he moved closer. He was right next to me. I felt his warm breathes on my face. The room was silent. I looked up at him. My e/c eyes and his blue ones. Staring back at each other.

There was the sound of knocking, it echoed throughout the house and he stood up, off the bed. He left the room leaving me dumbstruck in my bed. I let out a shaky sigh. Hunching over and letting my eyes fall to the blanket that was strewn across me. I brought my hands up to my head. Entangling my fingers in my hair as i closed my eyes and felt my face burn up. I felt the world of noise drown out around me as i dozed off into a slumber.

I woke the next morning. My eyes strained themselves open as the stop patter of morning rain attacked my window. I yawned and got up out of bed. That's when I remembered last night. I rubbed my temple as the memory of it was cloudy. My cheeks still red. I sluggishly made my way through the hallway. When I walked into the main room that consisted of the kitchen, living room and dining room. I was surprised when I didn't see the familiar black headed man in my house. I searched the rest of the rooms and was disappointed when I saw he wasn't here. I didn't think much of it till I made my way to the kettle- putting it on and reaching for a mug. That's when I saw the note. My eyes widened and I felt a trickle of fear roll down my spine.

Placed ever so precariously on my bench was a white piece of paper with small handwriting on it. It was loopy and hard to read, like a doctor's. It read: 'I anticipate our next interaction dear Y/N. I cannot wait to plunge my knife deep inside of you. Watch you scream in pain as it twists around at your internal organs as a river of blood tickles down your body. :) - The Bloody Painter'. I felt my whole body go tense. Tears welled up in my eyes as I dropped the note and backed myself into a corner. I felt my lip shaking as i huddled myself into a ball. I was shaking and clutching my body as tears rolled down my face. 

In the near distance I heard the chatter of the reporters on the news. He must of left the tv on. I heaved myself up and hugged myself as I stumbled over to the tv. The news headlines shone in my face 'ANOTHER MURDER HAS TAKEN PLACE. WHY WON'T THE KILLER TAKE A REST?? POLICE ARE CONFUSED' I fell back into my couch. Tears still rolling down my face as I held my body. That's when I noticed a familiar face on the broadcast. In the background of the crime. People were crowded around the police tape as a body with a cloth over it got rolled out of an old-ish, outdated house. A man stood there with a sadistic grin plastered on his face. I felt my soul left my body as I stared at the pale, black haired boy on the live broadcast. 

IM SORRY FOR LEAVING IT FOR SO LONG, IM SO UNMOTIVATED TO FINISH THIS WDQEFVBDSSGRBEGR NDFDAEHTJYUNDERGHTDGSVGREHTNBGDFEGR. i might start smth else bc im built like that

have a lovely day