Chapter 3

Sherri and Teri arrived at the restaurant. Throughout their whole lunch, Sherri was thinking of how much she just wanted to kiss Teri again and again. Teri was thinking of how embarrassed she felt. She knew that they shared a mutual love for each other, but they had never taken it over the friendship boundaries...and Teri just did.
When the check came, Teri reached into her purse.
"I got it Teri, don't worry." Said Sherri reaching for the check.
"I said it was on me, didn't I? Plus, you deserve it."

Teri payed the check and they left and got into her car. The way home was awkward. They each knew what the other was thinking, but they didn't dare say anything. They knew each other well enough to know that if they brought up the kiss again, they would just end up, well, kissing again.

They arrived at Sherri's house.
"Well I guess I'll see you later" said Teri, "I had fun. We should do it again."
"Most definitely" said Sherri as she got out of the car. "See you later"
Sherri was walking up to her front porch when something came over her. She turned around and ran back down to Teri's car, which hadn't started moving again.
"Wait!" She yelled
Teri looked up and rolled down the window.
"Let's watch a movie. I know we just had lunch and I know that it might be awkward but it shouldn't be and Kamar isn't home and I know I'm rambling but I'm going to be lonely and I just want to-"
"Sherri!" Said Teri interrupting her "I'll stay. All you had to do was ask. You know I'll always stay" Teri said winking
------
Two hours had gone by, and Teri and Sherri had just finished the movie "The Other Woman."
"Good choice! That was a funny movie!" Sherri said while laughing
"I know, it's one of my favorites." Said Teri
They decided to flip channels and watch whatever was on.

About an hour and a half had gone by, and Sherri got a text from Kamar:

'Crashing at Brendan's house tonight. We've all had a few drinks and I don't think it'd be smart for me to drive home. I'll be home by noon tomorrow. Enjoy the quiet. I love you.'
Sherri replied:
'Ok. Be safe. Love you too.'

Sherri thought for a minute. She knew Kamar loved her, but seeing it in words like that was surprising. They had gotten into a fight, and usually when this happens she doesn't hear from him for atleast a day. He was always making up excuses for not coming home, but this one seemed genuine and honest.

"Well it's getting late" said Teri, pulling Sherri from her thoughts. "I best be getting home. I don't want to keep you up."
Teri headed for the door.
"Teri," said Sherri. "I know I've said this a lot today, but..."
"Stay?" Asked Teri "I would be honored". She knew her best friend so well.
"Good" said Sherri.
Kamar is crashing at his friends house tonight, so you can sleep with me on his side."
She realized what she had said
"I mean, if you want, which it's fine if you don't." Sherri said, sheepishly.
"I do." Said Teri " The kids aren't coming home until 11 tomorrow morning, so this should be fine. Do you have pajamas I could borrow?"

Sherri thought of an answer to this question, but decided not to say it.
"Yes." She said "yes I do."

Teri and Sherri headed upstairs, as Sherri thought about what she had almost said... 'You could just not wear anything, I'd prefer you like that.'
She knew she made the right decision not to say it. It was something she had thought about since she met Teri. Was that weird...?
'Im not gay' she thought to herself.

But then she looked at the woman who was walking up the stairs in front of her.
'I don't know'. She thought. 'I just don't know'

AN: thanks for reading! Comment what you think. I'm going to try to update this as often as possible. (Side note: I made Brandon up, not to be confused with Brandon from the Fosters, it's the first name that popped into my head😂 )