❝ CHAPTER 19 ❞

▌Chapter 19 ─ Puzzle Boxes ▌

Chapter 19 ─ Puzzle Boxes

━━━━━ CLARA AND ABIGAIL followed the guard, Ben was right behind them. The three continued to argue. "What's wrong with being right?" Ben asked, as Clara and Abigail placed their purses on the table and then proceeded through the scanner.

"Nothing. You should try it sometime, Ben." Abigail told him.

"So you're saying that I'm never right?"

"I did not say that." Abigail replied.

"Ew, so I'm wrong again?"

"See, there you are correct."

"Oh, capital. Quite right."

"Your mother told me about you." The two continued to argue while Clara chose to stay out of it. She knew what Abigail was fighting about, meanwhile Ben thought he knew what they were arguing about but he really didn't.

"Step inside, madam."

"Just make a list."

"Say again? Oi! You three stay put, right?" Ben proceeded to climb against the gate screaming loudly.

"What is going on?" Abigail asked, looking at the couple.

"I'm sorry for getting you roped into this, but you were excellent back there. You both were." Ben complimented, looking at his wife, and then at his friend.

"Oh, thank you. So were you." Abigail replied, with a smile on her face.

"When did you figure out it was a fake argument?"

"When did you figure out I was really arguing during the fake argument."

"Right in the middle, the part where I always assume I'm right ─ Riley get us out ─ which I don't get. If I turned out to be right after I assume I'm right, then I'm correct, yes?"

"When you get to a conclusion without asking and you happen to be right, you got lucky."

"I get lucky a lot." Clara and Abigail walked over to the table and sat on top of it.

"So where does that leave me, Ben?"

"You guys are such good friends." Riley said.

"You wanna know why Clara and I are here?" Ben asked her.

"Uh-huh."

Ben moved closer towards Clara and Abigail. "I think there might be a clue on the Resolute desk in the queen's study." Ben backed away looking at Abigail while he and Clara smiled at her. "Does that help?"

"I just don't understand why it's so difficult for you to include others in your decisions. Just because you may know what my answer is going to be or what Clara's answer's going to be doesn't mean you don't have to ask me. Or even Clara."