❝ CHAPTER 20 ❞

▌Chapter 20 ─ Car Chase ▌

Chapter 20 ─ Car Chase

      ━━━━━ CLARA HELD ONTO Ben's hand as they four walked through the gates and continued on. They made it across the crosswalk, and headed down the street. They walked across the road again, and went to turn the corner, however some women who had been walking the dogs cut into their path.

Ben pulled Clara out of the way, Abigail followed behind them while Riley somehow got stuck in-between them. "Okay, here we go." Riley said, trying to unscramble himself from the leashes. "Whoa, whoa. Ah, right, little bit allergic."

"Riley." Ben called out looking back at his friend for a brief moment.

"Riley." Abigail said shortly after. Riley ran up to the three and Ben pulled the blank out.

"Thanks for waiting for me. Can I see the thing?" Riley looked down at it. "I went to Buckingham Palace, and all I got was this old piece of wood?" Abigail and Clara walked over to Riley while Ben came to a stop and turned around.

"Look at these symbols..."

"Wilkinson." Ben said, soon taking off running. The four ran towards the car. "He's the one who's after the treasure."

"Ok, I'll drive." Riley said. They climbed into the car, Clara and Abigail climbing into the back seat. Clara looked at Riley seeing him holding his hands out in front of him.

"We're in England." Ben told him. Ben proceeded to turn on the car, a screen pulled up and turned on. Ben looked at it then turned around to look at Wilkinson's men. "He has a gun! Get down!" Clara and Abigail lowered themselves down as bullets shot through the glass breaking it.

"We're trapped!"

"Hang on. Keep your heads down." Ben used the camera to drive backwards. Another bullet hit the car, Ben then turned the car around slightly, but still continued to drive it backwards. Ben proceeded down the road turning the car. The dog walkers from not too long ago stood there. Ben pressed on the breaks coming to a stop as the dog walkers pulled the dogs away.

One however stood up and walked to the camera, licking it. Ben then took off heading down the road. Abigail and Clara picked themselves back up and proceeded to look out the open back window seeing Wilkinson and his men.

"They're get- They're getting closer." Abigail informed Ben.

"What is their problem?" Riley questioned.

"Go left! Go left!"

"Hold on." They drove down the road, Wilkinson had caught up to them and tried to hit their car. A double decker bus drove in front of them, along with a smaller car. Clara and Riley panicked at what might happen.

"Turn, turn, turn!" The two shouted.

"Watch out!"

Their car unfortunately drifted into the double decker bus, causing glass from their car and the bus to break upon impact. Abigail and Clara screamed at the impact of the car. Ben proceeded to continue driving heading down the stretch of road.

"Everybody ok?" Ben asked.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Clara mentioned, as she held onto the seat. They came up behind a truck that had been delivering liquor. "Come on, come on." Ben looked to one of the side-view mirrors to see one of Wilkinson's men pushing himself out of the car with the gun. "Look out!" A bullet was shot from the gun and hit the back of the car.

"Ah!" Clara and Abigail shouted, lowering themselves once again. A few more bullets hit the back of the truck opening the gate. The barrels that were in the back started to roll out hitting the ground and moving towards the cars. Ben swerved the car out of the way the best he could. One did however hit Wilkinson's car and busted open.

Another one exploded out of the truck and went flying towards a statue knocking its head clean off. Ben was finally able to get around the truck, he turned the car around and stepped on the brakes causing the truck driver to step on his brakes and stop the truck. Wilkinson's car hit the back end of the truck.

Ben put the car in reverse and proceeded to turn around. "Go, go, go, go, go!" Riley shouted. Ben took off heading down another road. Seconds after they had managed to get away a phone started to ring. "What is that? Someone's phone."

"It's him." Abigail said, the blonde proceeded to hand her phone over to Ben.

"You have his number on your speed dial?" Riley asked her.

"Oh, sh..."

"Mitch, this has gotta end before someone gets hurt." Ben said. "Tell that to my father." He hung up the phone and turned the corner, people stood in the area so Ben started to honk at them. Some of the people yelled at them.

"Why are they standing in the middle of the street?" Ben continued to honk the horn trying to get the people to move out of the way. Soon the people in the street started to run.

"Where are all these people going?" Ben asked.

"Why is everyone running?" Abigail and Clara turned to look behind them. The truck they were behind earlier made an appearance and was getting closer to them.

"He's right there! Go! Go!" Clara shouted.

"Did I just run over a man's foot?" Ben asked.

"Watch the people!" Abigail cried out. They made it out of the alley and drove into another one, however they were still being followed by Wilkinson's man. "Go! Go! Faster!" Ben then turned the car into a smaller alley, he turned around and drove back onto the main road.

"They're still behind us." Clara spoke.

"This phone have a camera in it?" Ben asked Abigail.

"No. No, it's broken." He threw it back to her.

"All right, gimme the plank." Riley grabbed a hold of the plank and handed it over to Ben who took it and flipped it around. He then leaned forward looking out the front window. "Hang on. We're gonna run a red light." Ben said.

Ben proceeded to honk on the horn to stop people from walking through the crosswalk. "Aah. Aah!" Ben held the plank in front of him as they ran through the red light. The camera that was across proceeded to take a picture of them.

"Hack into the London police database and get a copy of the picture from that traffic cam." Ben said.

"Okey-dokey." Riley replied.

"You can't do it?"

"No, I can do it. I just don't like that you assume that I can do it."

Abigail laughed at his response. "Why, thank you, Riley."

Ben turned the car and headed towards the bridge, Wilkinson and his men still following behind them trying to catch up to them. Ben held the plank out of the car as Wilkinson came up to them. His man reached out for it however Ben chucked it over the bridge and towards the water. Ben then took off, heading back to their hotel to get their things.