❝ CHAPTER 4 ❞

▌Chapter 4 ─ Valley Forge ▌

Chapter 4 ─ Valley Forge

      ━━━━━ CLARA QUICKLY FOLLOWED behind Ben as he walked into the men's bathroom. She waited outside as he got to work to get the fingerprint that they needed. She smiled at the people that passed by her, "this better work." Riley informed the two.

"Relax Riley, Ben knows what he's doing." She said looking down at her hands as she talked.

"How does it look?" Riley asked a few minutes after he had said something.

"It's working. It's working..." Ben replied, Clara smirked.

"Unbelievable." She heard Riley say.

Ben walked out of the bathroom, Clara following behind him as the two walked over to the elevator. They both looked around inspecting the area making sure that no one was following them. He placed his thumb on the scanner, the blonde watching as it scanned the thumbprint soon bringing Abigail's name up.

"She's going to kill me if she finds out." Clara said after the two had entered the elevator.

"She won't find out." Ben said, pressing the button.

He looked around admiring what the elevator looked like. Ben pulled the fingerprint off his thumb, shoving it into his pocket.

"We're in the elevator." Ben said, while Clara looked over at him.

"Ok. I'm gonna turn off the surveillance cameras. Ready?"

Clara breathed in, soon exhaling. "In five, four, three... Now. Ben Gates, you are now the Invisible Man. With your Invisible Woman."

Riley's comment caused Clara to roll her eyes but also smirk. Ben moved the gloves onto his hands, Clara pulling hers out just in case. The two exited out of the elevator heading over to the area where the deceleration would be.

"We're here." Clara informed Riley, as Ben reached in to get the keyboard.

"Give me the letters for her password. What do you got for me?"

Ben pulled out a pen, pressing the button at the top allowing a light to appear.

"Hit me with it."

"A E F G L O R V Y." Ben replied back, he looked over at Clara who seemed to be thinking of possible words in her head.

"Anagrams being listed." Riley told them. "Ok. Top results: "A glove fry." "A very golf." "Fargo levy." "Gravy floe. Valey frog." Also "Ago fly rev."

Ben shook his head, something seemed to pop into Clara's head. She looked over at Ben who looked at her. "It's "Valley Forge." Ben and Clara said at the same time.

"Valley For..." I don't have that on my computer."

"It's "Valley Forge" - she pressed the E and L twice." Clara said, smiling at Ben.

Ben placed his fingers over the keyboard and began pressing the letters into the computer. Hitting enter, it granted them access, the two turned looking at the door as it slid open. The two walked into the Preservation room, Clara looking around as she pulled her gloves onto her hands.

"We're in." Ben said, also looking around the room.

"I haven't been here for a while. She probably won't let me come back here if she finds out." Clara said, continuing to look around the room.

The two walked to the center of the Preservation room, Ben lifted his hand up giving Riley a thumbs up. Ben walked into the smaller room, Clara followed in behind him as he pulled the cover off the document.

"Ben, Clara, you're doing great."

Ben pulled out a tool, and began removing the screws from the casing. "Ben, pick it up." Clara scanned the room, and was thankful that no one had come into the area. "You got about one..." Riley stopped talking, panic began to fill inside Clara.

"Riley what's happening?" Clara asked him as Ben still worked to remove the screws.

"I lost my feed." Riley told the two.

"What?" Ben and Clara asked, looking at each other.

"I lost my feed, Ben. I don't know where anyone is. I have nothing. Ben, I have no... Ben, I have nothing. Get out of there. Get out of there now."

The panic was evident in his voice. Clara ran back over to the door pulling it open while Ben proceeded to lift the Deceleration off the stand that it had been resting on.

"I'm taking the whole thing. I'll get it out in the elevator." Ben informed Riley who was now in the dark.

"What are you talking about? Is it heavy?"

Once Ben was out Clara picked her dress up just a little, she proceeded to walk quickly over to the sliding door that opened up when she got closer. Moving through the door she walked over to the elevator and pressed the up button.

"Come on." Clara breathed out seeming to get more anxious as the minute passed by. The door behind them opened up and men walked through the door. "Ben, who are they?" Clara asked, looking over at him.

"Get behind me now." Ben ordered.

"Gates." He said, looking at the two.

Clara finally acknowledged what Ben wanted and moved behind him slowly. Clara grabbed a hold of Ben's tux as one of the other men ran forward and started to shoot at them. Ben lifted the case up, allowing it to take the bullets instead of them. Ben and Clara moved back towards the elevator doors upon the impact of the gunshots hitting the glass.

"What was that?" Riley asked the two.

The elevator dinged, and the doors slid open allowing the two to move back into the elevator. Ben moved to the side with the buttons while Clara moved to the other side just as another bullet came into the elevator.

"Who's shooting?" Riley proceeded to ask them still out of the loop.

Clara watched as Ben moved his elbow hitting the first floor button to get them back up stairs. Once the doors closed Clara moved over to Ben holding onto the case while Ben proceeded to get the rest of the screws out.

"Are you still there? Ben? Clara?"

"We're in the elevator." Clara said while Ben focused on the case.

"Ian's here. There was, uh, shooting." Ben informed him.

"I hate that guy."

Ben pulled the Declaration up and removed it from the case, rolling it up. Pulling a bag out he swung it open, shoving the Declaration into the bag to protect it.

"Abigail is so gonna kill me." Clara said, looking over at Ben.

"We'll be fine, just stay calm. Go get your jacket and I'll meet you at the steps." Ben told her, looking over at her.

"Yeah, okay." Clara said as the elevator doors opened up.